Shadow JM35 Upgrade CREE MT - G2 / XHP - 50 1900LM LED Flashlight 26650 - MT-G2 (5000K) or XHP-50 (6000K)?

So JM35 is the flashlight I should buy? It’s only $41 now at GB.

36,26 at banggood :wink:

you might look into my signature …

I chose JM 30 over jm 35 due to better driver. More amps.
and longer handle works better and is better looking.
I also agree with those who prefer triple X-PL HI
over the MTG2.

Depends totally on what you want it for.

A larger light is less pocket friendly.

The MT-G2 also has superb tint and a lovely beam if you aren’t looking for a thrower. Would make for a nice torch to go walking with.

M4D’s code also works on the NEW JM35 (now comes with extension tube and dual-switches on side AND rear clicky. - just like everyone always wanted since it was first released!)

Regular price is now $44.99, but M4DM4X’s code reduces it to $39.59 (which is below the previous email newsletter promotion they were running, now ended.)

It is definitely worth the extra $3 or so for the latest version.

Details here:

Hope this is all useful info for you.
Good luck with the purchase and keep shining!
Hirshy

Actually scratch that mate; just saw Banggood published a new public code on their thread for the New JM35:

5902fe - Brings it down to $38!

Hirsh

MT-G2 then? Or XHP-50? Going to order now…

Got the MT-G2.

But now batteries, the only 26650 batteries I have on my way, is protected Shoshine 5500mAh.
Looking now, how is KeepPower batteries? Cheap ones on GB now…

Then I ordered 4 x VAPPOWER 26650 5200mAh from banggood.com and 4 x KeepPower 5200mAh from GB, both got around $40 with codes, and/or points.
That become a expensive flashlight. $40 for the flashlight, then $80 for batteries.

you can alway run 18650 in it

Yeah…why did I don’t think about that… with the other flashlights I got a plastic tube for using 18650 batteries….wasted some money on 8 x 26650 batteries there…

Does this light run off 1x26650/18650?

On BG, it shows as one cell, but I thought these LEDs required higher voltage and I’ve seen it with two cells in reviews.

You have two versions, one with just one cell, and one with two cells. The one with two cells, can’t run on two cells. Unsure if the version with one cell, can run with two cells…but I have not found any extension tube for the JM35 version, so don’t think you can add more on the one cell version.

I’m getting the one cell version tomorrow, so will see how different they are in use. I already have the two cell version.

I believe you meant to write: “The one with two cells, can’t run on (one) cells”? (corrected in quote above)

Still confused on the JM35 versions / configurations for MG-T2. Maybe you know some answers?

Do both versions have dual switches (side & tail) or is that just the 1 cell “upgrade” version?

Did you ever get your 1 cell version and had any way to test if it also will run on 2 cells?

Pretty sure this is the extension tube that will fit (purchase separately): Shadow JM30 LED Flashlight 26650 Body Extension Tube Black
(I believe JM30/35 share same threads)

No, the two battery version has a tail switch, and then you can use the side switch to switch mode, but not to turn it on/off.
On the single version, you use the side switch to turn it on/off and change modes.

The extension tube from the two battery version do not fit the one battery version.

Hello,

just bought one jm35 and was wondering about which battery i could use with it.

I have a ncr18650b unprotected that i do not use cause i usually prefer protected batteries.

I was thinking about using it in the jm35 with this https://www.fasttech.com/products/1228900 ?

Would it work ? Will the panasonic have enough grunt for this flashlight ?

Thank you for your answers. :wink:

The best for this light is using a 26650 battery.

Sure, i can guess, but would it be doable with a 18650 ?

I don't see why not. Just make sure it is not protected one. "One battery JM35" uses boost driver and it draws about 6 amps to deliver 3 amp to Led. So high drain battery is a must.

Ok, thank you. :slight_smile:

What size driver board for one-cell version?