Shocking A6 Groupon

seriously? cry more please…. this is par for the course for bang good!

wheres my popcorn… this thread should be entertaining for some time.

EVERYBODY PLEASE....

I do not have time to make a detailed post and I am not sure I am going to. Work, pm's, personal obligations have me busy.

There are a lot of things behind the scenes that nobody knows about and NONE of them are a fault or intentional act on anybody's part.

Bottom line is that EE is hurt and angry that they did not get to supply this GB and who can't understand that? That does NOT mean that we do not want to deal with EE in the future because we sure as hell do! I also assure you that they want to deal with us in the future too. Anything less is stupid business.

So as a favor from everybody and NOT directed to any one person....NO THROWING STONES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER. It will not benefit us (BLF, vendors, manufacturers) in any way.

There is a reason I had specifically asked that everybody quit with the stone throwing and negative comments. I am nobody BUT I DO APPRECIATE THIS FORUM and what it has done for me as I am sure others have too. NO OTHER FORUM gets the manufacturer cooperation that we do, nor vendor cooperation, and the same goes for them.

So unless everybody wants to go to the old way of group buys the way "they" want with "what" they want - we CANNOT allow it to happen!

Trying to create hard feelings is just plain S-T-U-P-I-D !!

Banggood summed it up it would appear.

EE when making the BLF X6SE, refused to supply the driver the participants wanted. As is their right. Sample, test, new sample, retest, in the end, we did not get the driver amps the groupbuy was aiming for. Remember, it could not hit 3.5amps in the samples. We wanted more amps in the planning and discussion phase, but in the end due to EEs reluctance settled on 3.5 and EE agreed to that number. As it turns out, many went out under 3 amps. I have two, and both are under 3.

There were discussions in that thread that no maker will go that far beyond Cree data sheets etc. No maker will give you what you want, its too hotrod. I cant imagine that EEs attitude changed in the smaller A6. And Banggood has confirmed thats what happened, EE would not use the driver requested again wanting to substitute their own preference and would not run the LED on a Noctigon.

It might have been business etiquette of Banggood to let EE know they had not met the criteria and an alternative source had been found that closer met the needs of the Group Buy, but the fact its taken as long as the OP suggests for EE to become aware of that says that EE werent easy to stay in contact with, or even on the ball themselves in regard this dealing. Given the apathy of EE, I can understand why Banggood might just quietly move on and let it drop off EEs radar, as it appears it was never more than a blip anyway.

If you want a hotrod, you get the rod you want. No point letting the builder tell you what he wants you to have. Advice, sure, guidance again sure. They know the business, they know the problems youre going to have, they have invaluable experience etc. But so do many here. If we want a hand grenade, and a new builder is willing to make them as asked, then they will get the contract.

The EE X6 SE was a learning experience for all and made the BLF A6 possible and that credit belongs to Kronos (and Co.), Banggood, AND EE.

EE is a good company and I like them and their products. The OP was just an upset reaction and I would have been too...any one of us would have been.

Bottom line is that WE LEARN (including them) and we continue with better and better projects...and there are more things in the pipe but there is too much going on right now...but I will say that EE is on the list :)

Thank you Bugsy — you’ve earned my trust. Carry on, please.

To avoid a potential misunderstanding (by readers, not necessarily by the poster), I want to clarify that the EE driver in the samples, which was approved by the groupbuy organizers, was identical to the driver in the final version. All evidence indicates that the difference in amps between the final samples and the shipping X6SE was attributed to a unforeseeable change in the LED specs by Cree, i.e., not anyone’s fault.

Your confused, people had good success replacing the driver for more amps

Sure, but that doesn’t invalidate what I said. I addressed the difference between the draw of the approved sample light and the shipping light, not the difference between driver A and driver X. It would be unfair to EE for readers that didn’t closely follow the X6SE groupbuy to conclude that EE made some sort of change between the final samples and the production units.

May be best to edit that Lancman, just in case

+1 Please delete. - No sense in stirring up more trouble.

Thanks,
-Chuck

Really beside the point anyway. The original idea was to get a light with 5 amps. EE said no, and even had to be cajoled into the one we got. My point was it was meant to be a special light, on copper pushing the envelope on amps not just an opportunity to sell X6s. There was no point IMO in the A6 being the same. I have to say I dont blame the organisers for finding someone that would produce what I last read was producing over 5 amps, with a group selected driver, not one dictated by the supplier.

To be clear, I like my X6SE and have no complaints. I knew before I purchased there was doubts we would even get 3.5 amps. 3 amps is good for most lights and I happily ordered a pair. I really like the shape anyway and with 3 amps its a good useful light IMO and brighter than most of its size. But its not the hotrod the initial thread proposed.

Judging from the returns to date from the A6 group buy, Manker (who did build that light using the BLF custom driver) did not find that easy, QC issues have had to be resolved.

EE/JinLang didn’t choose to try building the X6 to a (different, earlier) new driver spec and “negotiated” down to a mediocre — middle of the road, average, unsurprising — driver, with an ok result, no surprises.

The early draft specs are always going to have some daydreaming and wishes in them that won’t be fulfilled.
The key seems to be whether the management listens to the QC people and whether there’s anyone in the company chain of command whose job is to get it right or fix it (sigh).

You’ve probably seen The Word?

(sometimes called “The Plan” — it’s from the previous millenium, for you youngsters.)

hahaha …… china…. patents…. you guys do not honor or repect patents and when its done back to you, you get all bent out of shape. You make me laugh… at you… thanks for the giggle.