Shocking Images Exposed The G700 Flashlight

I understand saw master and this a great forum ,that’s why I joined it and not then other ” forum it’s just these Companies are advertising less than qaulity lights on a forum that memebers are well informed kinda ironic that’s all .

Who is going to do this investigation? The flashlight fraud unit?

My post was not meant to be an advertisement or endorsement; I thought by bringing this flashlight to other people’s attention the posting would generate educational conversation.
Buyer beware!

Insane Military Flsahlight

oh do not mean anything bad against you at all I saw this right after monster.com pulled their add amd then this one came up ,and it is unfortunate that uninformed people will believe these type of adds .I have a friend who swears his 2300 Lumen powerstar he paid over 250.00$ and his 501xxs over 60.00 1 mode are made in the USA and all other lights are infereior,I can even show him posts articles and facts in black and white and he will still over spend and but R branded pieces of junk.Becaise of over hyped advertising

Media sells, it’s what they do.

In a reverse format, anyone remember the Winchester Black Talon ammunition? The expanding bullet was designed to open with sharp points, the media said it cuts through a victim like a buzz saw, spinning at a high rate of speed. I guess one revolution in 9” is incredibly fast (not) and the doctors getting cut by this vicious bullet during surgery, oh please! At any rate, the media got this removed from the civilian market through similar hype and constant battering. It’s what media does, bring exaggerated misinformation to the masses. With today’s tech, they’ve gotten even better at misdirection and beautifully decorated lies.

So it’s up to the consumer to dig a little deeper, and even then, sometimes it’s just difficult to tell where the quality products are (maybe that’s because there are so few?)

This is where forums like this one come into play, where real world dedicated users can report their findings and give reviews. And then of course, we just HAVE to buy more lights! :bigsmile:

weren’t the Black Talons now replaced by Winchester /combined technologies stx pure copper hollow point ,the only thing it making different is the lack of black moly coating.

I think it’s slightly different, certainly without the “horrible sounding” name.

Drama, the media’s prime time.

We deal with 6061 aluminum mostly in the flashlights, but sometimes you see 7075 as well. What’s all this media hype about the “military grade” aluminum frames in pick-up trucks? I know it sounds good, but the grades of aluminum are what they are, whether you make an airplane, a truck, or a flashlight. Right? Am I missing something?

Just like Titanium got popular so now everything all over the place has Titanium something or other, usually just Titanium colored. Cash cow.

Edit: I just checked prices on sheet metal in 304SS and Titanium Grade 2. I know of a folding pocket knife that is made with SS liners and G10 scales or Ti liners with Carbon Fiber scales. Buying a 12x12x .125 sheet of either and cutting out 2x6 slabs to make the knife, the Ti scales would cost $30 vs $6 for the SS, ok? Is carbon fiber that much more grande than G10? The price difference on the knife is $220! Obviously, the Ti scales add $24, the CF must be stoopid expensive! (CNC and water jet machining, no added cost for the machining either way, EXCEPT that the CF is left smooth and glossy while the G10 has lines machined into the full surface for added grip) So why the additional $220? Bling? Actually, the CF/Ti knife has a satin finished blade and the G10/SS knife has a Cerakoted blade at additional accrued cost, so again, it’s beyond me why the extra cost other than because of the added Bling factor. Advertising’s most precious feature, pizzaz!

prefer a light made with 7075 wither in o (annealed ) condition or T6 (heat treated )than 6061 ,I ony used 6061 on no structural parts on acfy mostly I used 2024-T3 or 7075-T6 for structure repair part depending what manual called for ,oh but yeah I get a kick whenever I see aircraft grade aluminum 6061 lol its a feast annealed aluminum never used for any load bearing primary or secondary structural parts on a acft lol .Yeah advertising

SecurityIng makes the G700
ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/SecurityIng-Bright-Focus-5-Modes-LED-Flashlight-700-Lumens-New-/381276375874 $16.54

SecurityIng SF66 700Lm XM-L2 U2-1A LED $11.99
http://www.amazon.com/SecurityIng-Adjustable-Zoomable-Waterproof-Flashlight/dp/B00ITMSLI4/ref=sr_1_5?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1450041642&sr=1-5&keywords=epathdirect

The name “Black Talon” became so negatively-associated that Winchester had no choice but to drop the brand. The round still lives on it it’s exact same configuration, just minus the Lubalox (Win’s moly coat) coating. The round is available for purchase as Winchester Ranger SXT, but you have to make sure you’re getting the right version. For example, you can buy Ranger SXT .45ACP ammo with the cat# RA45, but that’s not the same bullet. To get the “talon” ammo you’d specify cat# RA45T.

I used to own a retail gun store with a focus in tactical stuff until the recession forced my doors shut in 2008. I sold a lot of lights back then, which obviously can’t compare with what’s out there now. Still, I know a scam on fb when I see one - and that’s when I came looking for the truth about this stupid light, lol.

I guess it’s time to upgrade my decade-old Surefire P60 now.

I remember when Glasers were the rage and how you could get a shotgun effect from a handgun bullet. Never mind that there was insufficient penetration and they weren’t all that effective in any case. In many things marketing sells products even if the marginal benefits are impossible to measure.

I admit it…I just about fell for that advertisement for the G700 flashlight… so ashamed!! lol

Soooooo……, since that is a bit of a scam , but I am STILL looking for an awesomely bright flashlight for my sons for Christmas …
What do you guys recommend??
Looking for something rather compact, amazingly bright, and affordable.

Is there such a thing??

Thanks for any help!

Sunshine1992

LOL

Glad to find this forum & thread. Had had huge numbers of spam email for this thing (first clue that it is probably c r a p), but thought I’d check it out. No easy to find side by side reviews (clue # that it’s a scam). Thanks for the tips above positing to better choices.

better hurry as qaunities are limited with the majority going to law enforcement and yhe the military lol.

where do the batteries for the G700 go? They sent batteries that are almost 4’’ tall are they the right ones? They dont fit in the top or the bottom of the flashlight.

For what they’re charging for this light there should be instructions, and a lifetime supply of batteries.

This is not correct. SecurityIng does not make the light they just added their brandname to it just like G700 did. This light is mass manufactured in Shenzhen and sold under a variety of names, the cheapest of which being Meco for around $6. You can put your name on it and sell it for what the market will bear. It is a $6 light.

Please measure the battery and post a picture of it.
I have never heard of a cylindrical cell that is almost 4”.

I made my own post to try to drown out some of the “sock puppet” fake reviews. What we are doing is working! I just makes me sick to picture someone’s uncle or grandma buying one of these. My mom recently bought me some “must have” flashlights from the home shopping network lol.