Should people delete off topic posts in a thread?

This is probably where deleting something stupid you've said comes in handy ..There is always a private message where two people can both call each other names without involving the entire forum . I agree with some of the things you say ..Some ...And agree with Gcbryan on some..

But Mr. Admin isn't in the U.S. So flag waving and constitutional rights really don't matter too much to a guy in Croatia ,Italy or the Philippines ..some things we all can agree on .... lets try to focus on those things and enjoy the differences that make up this culturally diverse forum

Terms like “willing” to serve. Many (most?) that served were not “willing” but were “forced” (cool, forced freedom). Take that hill boy (lose half your men) & next week they (the enemy?) can have it back.

Keith

^agreed

Political and religious discussion almost always doesn’t go well. Women and food, can’t go wrong with that. Add in beer and the weekend is compete.

Racoon City- Never got a chance to admit you were on the money regarding the 18650’s, tried them.

Oh, my,…sorry….Free will and need not worry about someone else’s pie hole!

I don't remember what I said about the 18650's, but I'm glad I was on the money about something! ;)

EDIT: DarkSide, maybe you were referring to this thread:

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/9027

I hope you didn't buy UltraFire 3000's. They are some of the worst batteries I've ever read about.

What did gcbryan do to deserve all of that presumptive crap? An offhand comment said half in jest? Everybody takes their hat off to you for your service. If I had a hat on, I might even take it off.

But Yellowhorse, you are out of line and your comments do nothing to maintain the friendly atmosphere and high standards of this forum.

Every once and a while, somebody will take shots like this at another member and every time, the rest of us clam up while it goes on. It's like 10 or 12 guys standing together on the sidewalk, quietly watching someone get mugged by a single man, 3 feet away. I'm not even necessarily saying gcbryan needs saving . . . .

We can debate the wisdom of gcbryan's initial comment or if he meant to provoke, but he was not even given an opportunity to tell us what he meant. He was just attacked, insulted and labeled with a bunch of tired overused assumptions, with no evidence provided that any of it was true. Yellowhorse, we are grateful to you and to all that have served our country. You have a place here on this forum and we welcome you.

But not if you're going to act like a jackass.

Foy

I thought he was behaving badly and therefore my comments were meant to provoke :slight_smile: but they were tongue-in-cheek as well.

He could have had a sense of humor with his response but chose not to. My personal opinion is that he was drinking/drunk throughout this entire exchange.

I have plenty of relatives that have and are serving in the military and no one knows my views on that subject from anything I’ve said in this thread.

Sure, it’s politically correct to fall all over ourselves to thank a veteran for their service. It’s kind of hard to do that with someone who is already patting themselves on the back, is angry, and sarcastic from the start.

I looked at what I wrote to see if there was something that I could or should edit. I see nothing factually incorrect so I’ve let it stand.

I share that opinion. I think the best thing to do was to give him some space until he sobered up.

IMHO you shouldn’t cancel any post, just strikethrought what is wrong/off topic, and write edit when you add something, that’s the way to have comprehensive threads
and if you can, learn the english if you want post in international forums, for experience not all are in the mood and your sympathy is ever appreciate xD
…is also better read what you write first of Save it
funny that thread is all for kreisler I bet that he is pride of that not in guilty …also for that he is funny xD

I get the impression Kreisler likes to stir up controversy with some of his posts... but he never lashes out when he is "caught" by using strong language, I give him that. On the other hand he made some nice contributions in form of lengthy,thorough reviews and tries to get us some good deals, which is nice. So far his positive contributions to the forum outweigh the "trollish/shillish tendencies" of him... but he is of a special breed... that's for sure.

Ok, GottaZoom. Although I opposed to it philosophically, I embraced the chaos for you. Hopefully we are now both happy. :nerd_face:

I concur Vectrex. I for one would miss him if he were gone. Rock on kreisler (but stop deleting on scaru LOL)

Keith

Nurse More PILLS Please!!

Never mind make it Thorazene.

Orderly, Orderly, get the Jacket and the Straps!!!

WOW, I must still be asleep. I got up and thought I logged into the Flashlight Forum, where did it go???

It's like reliving the Freakin 60's all over again here! It wasn't good the first time...

The good ole Thorazine shuffle! I know a poor fellow on that shit & his steps are about 1 inch apart (quite the sad sight) takes him 15 min to answer the door. This is a flashlight forum? I see people talking about “pills” I thought it was a drug forum. I”M in the wrong place.

Keith (who LOVED the 60”s)

“He could have had a sense of humor with his response but chose not to. My personal opinion is that he was drinking/drunk throughout this entire exchange.”

• I don’t drink. The VA does not give me mind bending drugs and I don’t self medicate. There was nothing funny about what you said. Over 57,000 Good People died there for a cause very few of us have figured out yet. Glad you think it was funny and see humor in your uncalled for comment.

“I have plenty of relatives that have and are serving in the military and no one knows my views on that subject from anything I’ve said in this thread.”

• Be sure to thank your relatives for their service for me (seriously). You very clearly showed your “views on that subject”. As did I.

“I looked at what I wrote to see if there was something that I could or should edit. I see nothing factually incorrect so I’ve let it stand.”

• DITTO.

I am not reliving the 60’s. For the record, I was there 1970-72. I not quite as old as some of you seem to think. I turned 18 in Saigon. I’m not even 60 yet and still in excellent, butt kicking shape. I still cross lines many of you would be afraid to even approach. Keep on thinking I’m some doddering old invalid. You couldn’t be more wrong. I see where some of you trash me for the things I said to gcbryan and then proceed to do the exact same thing to me even though you had no skin in the argument. There is a strong smell of HIPOCRISY in the air. I hate hipocrites.

I DO like flashlights.

AND HIPPIES!

Please don't label people that have a different political view than yourself as hypocrites... in fact try to avoid political subjects as suggested by the site rules. We are a multi-national forum, so please try to remember that. I am sure that you have strong feelings and opinions towards this subject, but BLF is not the time or the place to bring them up... enjoy the flashlights.

“Please don’t label people that have a different political view than yourself as hypocrites… in fact try to avoid political subjects as suggested by the site rules”.

• Never once did I mention politics. Ever. Re-read my comments and get it right or butt out. You seem confused. I don’t care at all about anybody elses political views. Not even a little bit. Also, look up the word “hypocrites”. I don’t think you know what it means.

cone - “AND HIPPIES!” :wink: