Should we have a dedicated budget knife page?

Your bag very closely resembles mine :smiley:

Lighter (I don’t smoke), hand disinfectant (most used item when travelling…), SP33S (90% powerbank, 10% light), bunch of USB cables, one of my lights (often changing which goes in the bag), a phone/notebook charging adapter, a leatherman Charge TTi, and probably a lot of stuff I forgot about. I should clean my bag these days just to see what’s actually in there.

I would always use my knoife at work to peel a apple first, then cut off slices. No problem teethwise, just that I think people would go bowling with apples, because it would look perfect on the surface, but be cratered with those brown mooshy spots underneath. Ecch.

So I’d peel ‘em and slice out the nasty bits, then be like one of those banditos in old westerns who’d eat fruit with a killin’ knife like it was nothing.

Same with limes. I’d always bring 1-2 with me per day, halve, squeeze, have a bucket of limeade with lunch and possibly in an afternoon break if I brought a second.

Know what it’s like to try to halve a lime with a styrene knife? Or use the flimsy joke of a “blade” to pull out the pulp after squezed? Nope. A real knoife is definitely needed.

2 Thanks

I never needed to carry a can of worms with me, but then again, I don’t really go fishing.

1 Thank

Single use utensils are the worst. IKEA has a very nice metal travel set with a pouch that I carry along with a metal straw.

ETA it’s called FINSKUREN. Can wholeheartedly recommend.

Agreed. All the same here. However, if I look at typical “knife forum” websites, I have the feeling that this is a different thing. No good for me. Anyway, thanks for all your input. Interesting discussion.

I used to carry a full-sized Jansport backpack (named “my parachute”), and the problem is that it grew in contents to fill all available space.

So that’s when I pared down to bare minimum with a pouch only, and bag that it can go in or on (molle) for more space if needed.

I never liked using snap-type molle strips as a belt-loop, so everything just went in the bag, and that’s my come-with bag.

By the way, there’s not much activity in the “EDC Gear for Flashlight Carriers” subforum as it is.
I wouldn’t mind a knife subforum, but it might not increase the number of posts about knives. :hocho:

Sounds familiar… It keeps growing fuller and fuller :wink:
Am considering buying a molle first-aid-kit pouch to add to one of the sides…

Yoiks! I read that too fast and got flashbacks of The Frosk.

Having to fly out is an excellent motivator to do just that!

Had to look that up. Didn’t even know there were e-sports coaches but I guess that makes sense.

Anytime I’ve seen forums allow signatures, they end up with a number of people abusing the space. Some forums will limit things like preventing large embedded images. But some people will put numerous links to classified listings of things they want to sell. But in the end, it creates unnecessary clutter. And on mobile devices, it’s a pain because it means you have to scroll a lot more to read content.

I agree. I think it can work as long as people respect guidelines. Like blades of a certain length. You don’t want people showing off machetes with dried blood on them, propped up against an AR-15.

No. If you want to do knife stuff, go to a knife forum, this is a flashlight forum same goes for guns unless it’s specifically to do with flashlights that bolt on to them. Also if you allow a knife category, how long before there’s a gun category?

Too many mentions of knives or guns and such like messes with my ‘isp shields’ to protect my kids - I can’t even go on many sites/shops that sell knives/guns or mention them (or are on some sort of list of my isp) until after 9pm - it’s set like that so my kids don’t come in contact with such content, last thing I want is my access to this site blocked because ‘knife’ or ‘gun’ pops up too much especially as it has ZERO to do with flashlights.
There are plenty of forums out there for you to chat about those sort of things.

3 Thanks

That’s a really great point. Sometime people forget about these kinds of considerations. I’d not even thought about that. If you have a shared computer, where your kids may use it, the sophisticated data combing that takes place on browsers would tend to start showing ads and links to things you may not want your kids seeing.

1 Thank

It’s not that we share computers Gary, it’s blocked in the router, but yes some may share computers too.

1 Thank

In my opinion, flashlights go hand in hand with knives.
I suggest getting a different ISP shield if it’s not working for you.

1 Thank

I normally keep them in separate hands, otherwise I can’t keep a good grip on either

1 Thank

I should get a new/disable my ISP shield because you want to be able to post about knives on a forum dedicated to budget flashlights…no, I don’t think so.
I respect your opinion, but mine is the polar opposite. I won’t go any further as this sort of discussion never ends well.

1 Thank

Nah. I got a knifelight right next to my knifewrench (for kids!) and my drillfork.

Quite handy…

1 Thank