Show us your motorbike. Stll, action or broken.

Yeah, def makes sense for you. My backpack is generally all I need on a daily basis, but I don’t carry much.

I’m honestly not a fan of the CTX’s riding position, forward pegs feel unnatural to me (sorry, cruiser bros). The upright CN I think I’d like more…although if you ride scooters, you might be used to it.

The automatic transmission is actually more efficient if you can believe it. It’s not a typical automatic…it’s a dual clutch system (like you would find on cars) that shifts just as you would, but faster. It still has all the gears and everything and there is a satisfying shift “feeling” when it shifts. There’s a more aggressive “sport” mode that keeps in gear longer and a manual mode where you can control the gearing with buttons.

It’s all very neat, but I like my bikes the way I like my cars: manual. It’s part of the riding/driving experience.

How about some mini bikes.

Here are a few on mine.

And the old reliable Honda CT110 Great trailbike 4 Speed with high-low range

Anyone else with mini’s?

Later
Keith

Current bike is a 2015 Triumph Street Triple Rx. Previously had a BMW S1000RR, S1000R, Kawasaki Versys 650, Honda CB600F Hornet.

I had bikes from the time I learned to ride a bicycle. When I first met my wife I taught her to ride and she gradually made it up to a 650 Hawk GT. Then the kids came along and pretty soon I was selling off my last bike, a CBR1000F (but I bought a boat the same day, didn’t want to risk the fun money mixing in with the bill money).

Last spring (almost 20 years since I sold the CBR) my son bought these.

So I started thinking it’s time to start riding again.
This spring he sold the Shadow and bought a Harley, definitely time to start riding again so I found a nice clean Valkyrie.

Feels great to be back on two wheels!

Oooooo, very nice - love those. That’s my next bike if I ever decide to upgrade!

What a nice story Itinifni. :slight_smile: Your son must have kids as well or is the TTR125 for someone else?

Those minis look orsm Muto. In their day they would of been on every kids dream list. Are you into collecting them?

No kids, he and a few of his friends pitched in for the TTR then cut some trails through the woods behind my house, they spend hours taking turns on the thing. I was amazed when I first rode that little bike, 4 strokes have come a long ways.

I like the mini-bikes too, brings back memories. I really like the little spring above the lower triple tree on the orange one.

Yeah I collect (and Ride them) a bit :slight_smile:

There’s more but that’s enough for know.
Thanks,

Keith

Teaser. Love the back tyre on the second last bike. It must strictly be for the 1/4 mile with a flat slick like that on it. :slight_smile:

Nice collection Muto, don’t get me thinking about another hobby.

Yeah, here is a better shot of the engine. Tillotson Carb, cammed Briggs it is fun!

But as you alluded to , not good for the grass or trail.
Later,
Keith

Wow and I was only jesting. Hotted up Briggs & Stratton. I suppose theres another whole world out there on these engines, a bit like the loonys here. :laughing:

Yeah you can spend however much you want.
“Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?”
My Rat bike is not crazy hopped up, but enough for a little fun.

Anyway, the thing I like about the mini bikes is the older ones have no titles so when you buy or sell them there are no additional fees.
I don’t know what the transfer fees are in your country but here in USA, PA they have all just gone up. More $ to fix the roads they say, yet the roads remain crap.

Does your postal service still use the Honda’s?
Postie bikes I think you call them.
Thanks and love this thread.

They still use a version of the 110 now but its a little different to what they were. Fuel injection, electric start and a low pipe are the biggest difference I have seen. I cant believe they never went for a disc brake on the front.
Heres a picture of the new prototype postie bike complete with super charger being speed tested at Lake Gairdner a few years ago. :wink:

my bike on a trip to south Australia in april 2016

2012 victory vegas.

mrs dnf woulnt come as he was going to Vietnam…even though there was more than enough lobster to go round

I used to have a little minibike similar to those .when I was about 7 it was a tas 50 I spent more time pushing it than riding

i’m a bit amazed at what there doing to postie bikes now days.

Picked this up a couple of months ago. Just rolled over 1000 miles. Next on my mod list is a KLX headlight with an HID retrofit and a 39 tooth rear sprocket.

My first bike 1984 KX80. I was 15 in 1985. I raced BMX bicycles prior to the MX.
@ 16 in 1986 and Licensed to Kill I got Dads old 1973 CB360 and almost succeeded in killing myself. Dirt clod in a corner at night wearing shorts and a T-shirt. I was prolly 5Lbs lighter from skin and blood lost. No broken bones or additional DainBramage. Rebuilt the bike and rode it for a few more years. It was Green before the wreck and I found an NOS tank in red and red side covers. That was a fun bike and perfect for someone my age and mentality. Bike is still in the barn at my Dads, with a worn clutch and bald tires.

Random pic, not mine. Just learning the tank I put on it is 1975. Same as Pictured here.

Got a little older, 20 in 1990. I bought this from a co-worker for $2000
1985 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator. I still have it and I an still alive despite what everyone thought. It’s still worth more than what I payed for it. But 3000 miles on a rear tire got expensive. Could smoke the rear tire in 1&2 while carrying the front wheel 8in off the ground. Very fun bike, if going straight.

Also bought this in 1990. Not running mostly complete. Luckily I never got to working on it at that age. This is my last restoration project.
1971 Kawasaki H1 500.
3 cylinder, 2 stroke with drum brakes. New kind of fun for me and lucky I waited over 20 years to get on this thing.
Paint is original, but the surface of everything else has been refinished. Engine and trans I went over myself. Also laced new aluminum Takasago Excel rims myself.
Yup, shorts and a T shirt again. And now Helmets aren’t required in my state.

love the h1 500…

Thanks,
Some ZZZZZing makes me Feel young again.
But Sheeesh, never paid $50 for a bolt before that restoration project. Or seeing distributor caps selling for $250+. And the same gas cap I have sell for $300. Had mine done and running in 3 months. Just in time for summer 2012.

Love this pic

With other neat old junk

Yamaha 1974 “Cat” TY250 trials bike I had back in 1978. Wish I still had it.

1987 Yamaha Radian 650 I scavenged from a friends backyard who wrecked it 10 years earlier. I put it all back together buying ebay parts over a period of two years.

A 1978 Suzuki 400 given to me in non-running condition. Fixed it up, rode for a year and sold it.