Show us your motorbike. Stll, action or broken.

Has LED turn signals and daytime running lights at the front.

i wouldnt be using factory efi. id be using a megasquirt which is full programmable and can tune itself on the fly if need be with a wideband o2 sensor setup. besides ive tuned turbo cars and mustangs with megasquirt and my plymouth reliants factory chrysler turbo efi setup myself. i know my way around EFI. :slight_smile:

like a sport bike full fairing and lower cowl? not like a later 1150EF did or the later GSX-R’s do. the GS1100S (early katana) and a GS1100ES had an upper fairing but they really didnt start getting the lower cowls till later.

now the GS__GK’s did but it was a touring fairing and i think they were really aftermarket windjammer fairings.

Brian

Torchy. Your bike looks far from stock starting with the clipons and braided brake lines. What else is modified?

On a side note I’ve had an offer on my 1996 road registered YZ250WR two stroker. Part of me says sell it and the other part says are you serious.

Glad u like it,

I got the bike for a good price so decided to do some work on it.

The stock exhaust had some small holes so was replaced with a small Fuel stainless exhaust.

The clip-ons are actually stock on the Bros :slight_smile:

I fitted a goodridge front braided line as the original had corroded fittings and was perished.

I removed the centre stand to save weight.

Replaced the lead acid battery with a Shorai lithium Iron battery saves about 2.5KG in weight.

Also replaced the paper air filter with ramair filter foam by modding the air box.

Front indicators are Motrax LED TinyCators and Rear ones are Oxford Eyeshot Mercury.

I now have home made LED daytime lights either side of the radiator and a car LED strip under the headlight for visibility.

Also to rebuild of front caliper, sprayed wheels black, cleaned carbs, now runs really well.

Thanks Torchy. We dont get that model in Aus and haven’t heard of it before. How long have you had the battery and are you happy with it? I’ve seen them advertised but been a bit hesitant. You’ll have to take another picture of the other side. :slight_smile:

Don’t sell it, even if you only ride it a few times a year just think how much fun it is and the two strokes are so much easier to work on than four strokes.

Sounds like a trick set-up that injection unit. Surely they don’t do a kit for the GS? I presume you would hack oem sensors etc?

Yup the ef style full slab fairing not the es half, Had a confusing conversation with someone last summer, over whether they released those full fairings in the States a couple of years before here. Thanks for clearing that up.

they dont do a kit per se. there are various boxes from prebuilt to full on DIY build, solder-it-yourself kits available where you build and wire everything and then source sensors and install them yourself. they use a motorola MAP sensor onboard the ECU that you have to make a manifold to balance the map signals from each cyl, and then you add Throttle Position, oxygen sensor (if you want feedback control) and air temp sensor and on an air cooled bike, cyl head temp sensor.

id either do a full DIY box or buy the surface mount, weatherproof Microsquirt box. there is a code version that reads the suzuki crank trigger but im not 100% sure it isnt bug free. especially if the bike stalls i heard it may have an issue unless you turn the ignition 100% off and then restart. id try it first but if it didnt work well, id mount a trigger wheel and sensor where the original crank pickup went. I could do sequential injection too if i added a cam sensor so the ecu knew what cyl was firing next.

Brian

Make your own mind up.

I ride a 2009 Ténéré. So far so good. :wink:

Why we ride - A documentary film.

also

Looks like an interesting film. I hope it gets down under.

SC, loved that preview so much, tks! Sure hope they upload it online or offer DVD sales if it isn’t screened in the theatres. I’m one who had been dreaming of riding when I was in school. Even though I was too young to get a license, I remember vivid images of dreaming how to pull the clutch in while my left foot tapped on the gear pedal. Riding my iron horse/s is a dream come true. On daily commutes to/from work or just for fun, it has helped retain my sanity (been my Lithium against the vagaries of life) eversince. Also the way it allows me to escape traffic jams and find parking so much easier makes the downside of exposure to the harsher elements of weather like a blazing sun or pouring rain worth the while. :bigsmile:

A little story about my Honda VF1100 V65 Magna 1985mod.
Imported from U.S.
The sun is shining and we’re packed and ready … :slight_smile:

2 days and 1002km/622miles later … :_(
(there was water where it should NOT be ….)

After 11 hours of work, we are on the road again … 8)

And new turns and adventure lies before us …… :wink:

Moral: Do you have an old motorcycle, expect the unthinkable should happen … on tour …

OUTSTANDING FIRST POST!

Thank you!

Question, Are four wheel quads able to legally ride on the road?

thanks,

Thanks, yes it is leg :slight_smile: al

Orsm trip Kurt. The coolant in the wrong place is always a bad thing. What was tho other bike in the picture?

Here's my Honda Shadow 750...

And here is a GS650 that I'm working on...

Had a 79 GS1000S that pre-dated your listings that was one of the first to have a sport faring.

I had one of those. I laid up carbon fiber over a larger tire to make a custom rear fender. A smaller battery is tucked in under the swingarm and the seat sits on two aluminum brackets. I can’t leave things alone. :stuck_out_tongue: