sibeile 18650 3400mah large capacity battery

Gees. lts in Melbourne. How do I get my hands on it?

:bigsmile: i send to another friend this fourm,gavrook , i thought this is HJK ’s address.
But, it’s OK,
I will send to HJK soon for sure.
we are planning to send 20 sets of battery samples to different people , different location. as long as they do test and reviewing for us.

we love jokes by dealers!! they are humorous and funny! :D

and they are good for your rep!! H)

i love joke too :bigsmile:

yep, gets funny by the minute… :smiley:

just found a punchline on the sibeile website

That’s not funny kriesler! We have thousands of people who die each year from excessive and incorrect spoon usage here in the US!

best thread ever

What did I miss?

Not much. They banned forks from US, apparently they are too dangerous for consumption :P

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/18549#comment-394582

OK, thanks - the image didn’t appear when I first looked - I thought it was a mysterious Mr K disappearing post. :bigsmile:

So as Bill said there was a bit of a mix-up and somehow I ended up with HKJ’s samples. After refusing an offer to send them back he’s just requested I give an honest opinion on them. Unfortunately I don’t have any of the equipment HKJ has so it’s more of an overview than a review but i’ll do my best. Feel free to add any tips or requests for info I can provide with a multimeter.

Batteries came packaged very well, with the above packaging in another box with another couple of inches of bubble wrap.

However the courier bag appeared to have seen better days and unfortunately a couple appear to have suffered a little damage despite the much greater than usual packaging.

The cells themselves are all flat-top cells, barely protruding past the wrap. Some flashlights such as a few Nitecore’s with a physical reverse-polarity protection may need a small magnet or preferably some solder on top to make proper contact.

The batteries themselves are actually quite short compared to the others I have, with even the 3400mAh measuring barely over 65mm! According to Bill the cells inside the wrap are Panasonic’s, so how they’ve fit a protection circuit in there I have no idea… Not sure how I can confirm this besides unwrapping the cell?

The 18350 and 18500’s don’t have any specs or writing printed on the batteries themselves so I’m not sure of their stated capacity, though listings on his website seems to suggest the former is 900mAh I can’t see a listing for the 18500’s, not that I have a light that accepts it anyway :P.

All batteries are charged with a Jetbeam i4 Pro and tested with a Fluke 111

18350 (possibly 900 mAh)
Diameter - 18.12mm
Length - 34.75mm
Weight - 22g
Initial voltage - 3.849v
Charged voltage - 4.204v

18500 (Unknown capacity)
Diameter - 18.08mm
Length - 48.75mm
Weight - 33g
Initial voltage - 4.058v
Charged voltage - 4.250v

18650 (2600mAh)
Diameter - 18.41mm
Length - 64.92mm
Weight - 45g
Initial voltage - 3.990v
Charged voltage - 4.250v

18650 (2800mah)
Diameter - 18.38mm
Length - 64.97mm
Weight - 47g
Initial voltage - 3.815v
Charged voltage - 4.230v

18650 (3400mAh)
Diameter - 18.45mm
Length - 65.24mm
Weight - 47g
Initial voltage - 3.628v
Charged voltage - 4.207v

I PM’ed him a couple of days ago, asking about buying some batteries, but haven’t heard back. Has anyone been in contact with him mored recently?

the cells are unprotected.

omg

****! haha

why don't we all go home? lol

A unprotected cell with bent “ass”? I’d be quite worried about that…

I’d be happy to do a review of these cells. (love the artwork on them by the way). It will be interesting to see how well they perform compared to the other 18650 cells in my collection (I have hundreds, of various brands and capacities both protected and not, as well as laptop pulls).

I have plenty of free time on my hands right now to do the reviews as I’m on vacation for the summer. I will pm you my current address.

That "IMR" 3400mAh cell does not look like a protected cell, I can also see the stock positive contact of the NCR series on it.

>>>> I can also see the stock positive contact of the NCR series on it.

So it’s a stock Panasonic 3400 with a new label on it.

I’ll take 500, but ONLY if they’re substantially more money than a stock 3400. I want Bill’s kids to get the best college education possible!

If there’s any more measurements you want me to get that I can do with a multimeter just let me know. Also if there’s anyone else in Australia that would be able to do a more comprehensive review with more info than I can provide I’m happy to send them on!