SIGN-UP LIST THREAD for the Old-Lumens ltd. Edition F-13, Courtesy of Banggood

please sign me up OL
looks good

Great question, I still have a bunch of leftover Basen 26650’s left over, should have been for the Cometa

Sign me up for one OL

Probably be my only chance in life to be able to get a old lumens light. Not to mention the good causes. Even without this light your name and work will live on for generations with all the fine craftsmanship I’ve seen on your handmade lights. What you can do to a maglite is amazing.

It’s the same driver A6 has…
Ofcourse it has LVP

I will be more than happy to have a very thorough look at a sample light and let you know my honest thoughts and some numbers :slight_smile:

+1 to djozz, for me too! I've got a couple F13's and other similar lights, all in the 26650 40mm head size family, so a lot to compare with.

For batteries, I've been very impressed with the new Liitokala 26650 5000 mAh cell. Tested a few for capacity, and all tested above 5000 on my BT-C3100, and have great performance with DD FET drivers - on par with the EFEST 4200 IMR cells. For the price/performance, can't beat it. First reported on here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/39541, then Mitko with testing here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/39804. I bought a dozen from GearBest and have been using/testing them in my DD FET lights, and they perform as Mitko describes.

BangGood link: http://www.banggood.com/1pc-Liitokala-26650-5000mAh, and Gearbest has them, plus RIC at CNQ has them under no brand label here: http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=2250.

The BangGood listing shows capacity tests and other test results, while the CNQ listing shows discharge curves -- both very detailed listing of battery specs and performance. GearBest's listing, of course, is simple, but the best price. There's apparent other sources for them, and they may be sold under different brand names. It appears Fasttech sells then under the Soshine brand. The Liitokala name on the battery is a simple sticker imprinting, so easily substituted.

AliExpress has the Liitokalas listed several times for those BG/GB/FT do not ship to.

FTR, I did NOT pound upon anyone’s Ex! :stuck_out_tongue: (have issue enough with my own, thankyouverymuch [XX sz XXX])

Low voltage protection, yes! (Bistro, from the X6/X5 FET+1 from the A6 [sorry, just woke up] group buy.) Double springs on the tail switch, I think, at least on the sample I’m seeing, the driver has a single spring.

Dale , from the OP i think it will have A6 driver .

Or not ? :smiley:

Thanks George, just woke up and haven’t had coffee yet. Thank Heaven I have Panama Elida freshly roasted yesterday! :smiley:

No problem Dale ! :slight_smile: I was just a little curious …

For me, the absolute easiest way to tell the difference between A6 and Bistro is to turn the light on then reverse twice. The strobe on the A6 is straightforward while it’s a police style in Bistro.

I’m just not near my lights at the moment as my loving wife is sleeping in for the Holiday. :wink: (clicking on a 1500 lumen strobe in the dark bedroom in the morning, with her sleeping or not, might change the loving status considerably! lol )

Will this light accept protected 26650 batteries such as the Keeppower?

Sure, Why not. I’ll take one as well.

Taking some internal measurements, this is what I’m seeing… a cell as short as 64.9mm will just barely make contact, such that a bump or jolt could break contact and shift modes. Maximum length internally is 70.4mm. If a protected cell is longer than 70.4mm it won’t work in this light. For the tail cap to be on all the way and make ground contact, the max internal dimension with springs compressed is that 70.4mm.

But, that is going to fluctuate with different lights, even in the same run, so would it not be better to back off both ends a little, just to be on the safe side? To me, I would think 70.2 mm and 65.1 mm would be a better range. Just thinking out loud here. It doesn’t happen often any more, but I got a little sleep, so I’m rearing to go,

Also, are the springs heavy enough, in the compressed state, that they will push in the positive caps of cells like the MNKE, which I always found to get pushed in. Every one of those cells had the caps pushed in, just from spring pressure. For an informed member, they would probably think about those things, but for a relative newbie, it might be even safer to say use cells that have a height range of 65.2 mm to 70 mm and leave it at that?

I'm just asking is all. It's something I have found to be particular to 26650 lights. At least I have never had an 18650 dent in. I have had fit issues in many 18650 lights, but not denting of the positive cap.

read post 163 for Start and measure your cells, to see. Don’t have the cells? See what the specs read on several sites and you should be able to find out the OAL. It would be great to make a spreadsheet with the OAL and Diameters of every cell, but I don’t have the cells, nor the ability to do it and they keep pasting new labels on cells every day, so it’s almost impossible to keep up with.

The old F13's I have from O-L's group buy have big springs at the driver and in the tail. The LK/Li cells are pretty short, slightly wider than most. Width wise they fit fine, but in modded F13's with a shorter driver spring, there's some rattle, more significant. In a stock light, less rattle - probably insignificant, no effect. Uncompressed springs without bypass's will lose more voltage, resulting amps.

I just did some head-to-head tests of the EFEST 4200 dark purple IMR cells against LK/Li's, and they are very close, overall slight advantage to the LK/Li. All tests were with the cells at equal voltage charge level, and 30 sec runs on DD FET+1 lights. I used a clamp meter at the tail for amps, and my PVC light box for lumens measurement. The LK/Li consistently had higher amps in 1 cell lights, while the EFEST had higher amps in a XM-L2 triple (11.65A vs 11.73A), but that didn't always translate to advantage in output over the first 30 seconds. In lumens, where the EFEST did better it was by less than 1%, where the LK/Li did better as high as 3.4%. There was a pattern of the EFEST losing voltage faster than the LK/Li from 4.21V (to 4.15V vs. 4.13V),but that should be expected based on the higher capacity of the LK/Li.

I can post size #'s on a bunch of different 26650's, but same as O-L, can't keep up with them all, and some have changed over batch's - BASEN and KeepPower are notorious for that.

Count me in for one unit please.

I have one of the MNKE cells in this one, yes the top plate is dented in a bit, but it’s found it’s place and it’ll stay there now. :wink: