SIGN-UP LIST THREAD for the Old-Lumens ltd. Edition F-13, Courtesy of Banggood

1 for me Please

This is my first message. I hope this will not be a problem to obtain this fantastic light.
If it´s possible I want one.

Thanks, and great job.

Please add me to the list for one.

I want one please!

Put me down for two (2) please. :slight_smile:

Im in for one

I’m in for two lights

Add me for 2 pls

The list has been updated. Please check to see if I missed you. I seem to be doing that and I just have to chalk it up to old age.

One for me.

Thanks

1 for me pls!

Does this mean 200 max?
In that case when the 200 is reached I am willing to have somebody else take my place on the list.

I’m in for 1 unit, thank you.

In for one

UPDATE 09-04-16 - I received a PM and was made aware of a concern from a member. The concern was about having the same issue with the F13 that was with the Cometa. I felt I should address this.
First of all the F13 is a "Ultrafire F13", or "No Name F13", meaning it was not produced by Manker. It is being sold by Banggood and the Modification to the led/driver/etc. is being done by whoever BG has them done, but it is not Manker. Well, I take that back, Manker may be the ones modifying them, but not the manufacturer. I will find out from BG, but the ones I saw, that were sent to me, were fine and I saw no issues.
The F13 is a different light than the Cometa, but it is a 26650 light, so let me address this. Any 26650 light that utilizes a spring on the driver, for the positive pole, (which is probably all of them), means that there "Could be" an issue with the positive of the 26650 touching the ground ring that holds the driver in.
Why is this? It is a 2 part deal, at least from my perspective. First of all 26650 cells typically have a very weak positive cap. It does not take very much pressure for the positive cap to collapse inward. I have seen it in all the 26650 cells I had. This means that a light that is on the short side of the OAL of the battery compartment, could cause more pressure on the positive cap of the cell, when screwing down the tail cap. Especially with a protected cell. If it compresses too much, the positive cap could touch the retaining ring of the driver, depending on the design of the light.
Since this is an issue, I feel every member should take that into consideration with any 26650 light. Especially if using protected 26650 cells. They are normally longer and typically light manufacturers do not always allow for protected cells properly, so you may run into this in some 26650 lights. When I did the first GB of the F13, I did mods to it and tear downs and I never saw an issue, but that does not mean that someone might see an issue. I am just saying use common sense and make sure your cells are not too long for the light. If you are compressing the springs to the point where the cell's positive cap is being crushed, then the cell is too long for the light.
Just an FYI guys, not to cause a big drama. I do not foresee any issue here, but I just wanted to put it out here so it's been said, if you get my drift. I will also ask BG to take a look at it, but I have never seen an issue with a F13 light so far.

The F13 I bought a couple of months ago have plenty of space for the cells, even 2x 26350 cells fit easily without bending the battery caps. But to be on the safe side, I just cut a round washer with the diameter of the battery tube out of an old plastic card, drilled a hole with the spring diameter in the middle and fixed it on the driver side of the battery tube.

What it means is, we need to know how many to make for the urn and we need to set something now, so we can get going on it. From the way it looks, 200 seems a “safe number”, but just as with the A01, we will make more if people want them. We just don’t want to make 500 and sell 200, if you get my meaning. It will be taken care of, so don’t worry, OK?

Actually, I just don't want to see Tmart or Gearbest selling them a couple months from now.

Well said and enough said…… There should be no drama at all attached to this light, by anyone. :slight_smile:

• The F13 is an existing light that has been around awhile. :+1:
  • The Cometa was an untested, unauthorized copy of a very good existing light. :person_facepalming:
  • The Cometa was poorly done in several areas, thus causing problems. :frowning: … :person_facepalming:

End of story………… :slight_smile:

There is no real basis for anyone to compare the two lights or have concerns…. other than the general 26650 precautions OL outlined above that should be considered with any light.

My .02…… :wink:
Personally I am pleased to have the opportunity to acquire this light. :+1:

In response to something The Miller noted, I mistakenly said crenelated bezel when I was referring to the flutes in the heavily finned section of the head and the “crenelated” tail cap, the thumb access ports in the tail cap give it a high crown effect, these edges are fairly sharp. Sorry about the confusion.

And due to some concern about a 26650 being able to contact the retaining ring at the driver, this is not possible in this light as it has a plastic spacer/insulation piece around the spring. So as long as people leave that in place, it’s as safe as they come…

Nice
All made perfectly clear!
Thanks Justin and Dale!