Simon has an XP-L Hi Convoy C8

That’s a lot a light for around $20

yea i just checked now both are 9mm at the reflector base

I bought these XM-L to XP-G round centering rings from Kaidomain that fit my old Convoy C8 reflector perfectly. I don’t have a XP-L to try it on but isn’t the base the same size as the XP-G?

^
The XP-L dome is too big and you will dedome the emitter when pulling it off, and with the XP-L HI you have to sand down the top part to reduce the artifacts. The L2 spacer is the best for the C8, if you receive the good ones.

Makes sense…thanks for the info.

Fast off-time memory would be great.

Great, I .missed this post, just send him a message stressing he must upgrade the driver, maybe just as upgrade option as wiy the led choice he now has.
Cool

Just a little note on this one. I asked Simon to add the AR glass option to this C8. He has updated the listing on his site. If you’re going to order one of these you can upgrade to AR coated glass for $1. Personally I thought he should just raise the price by a dollar and go AR glass across the board but he doesn’t think it will be that popular. Opinions vary and it not my decision. To be fair I know some people don’t like AR coated glass for one reason or another but at least now the option is there when purchasing directly from Simon. Cheers.

Great service. Now I’m just waiting for moonlight mode on the Convoys :slight_smile:

Looks like a great value for the price.

Ok, so what to pick ?

XPL HI U6 or XPL HI V3

I don’t know a reason why HI U6 is higher price ?

Also is someone able to find some pressure switch for Convoy C8 that fits good ?

Some led tint variations cost more to purchase and that cost is passed onto the customer. The led you choose depends on the tint you want. I don’t care for cool white anymore. I’d rather lose some lumens and make out what I’m looking at better

They will probably have different tints/CCT. There should be another number and letter in the emitter option indicating that.

I get it now.
It is very hard to find some pressure switch for Convoy C8, I ask some sellers, but it will not fit :cry:

Simon developed his own Convoy remote pressure switch but there have been several delays from the factory. I’ll let everyone know as soon as there is an update on production time. Hopefully soon.

Ohh, a great news, thanks! :partying_face:

They should offer FET driver by default, or at least as an option. 8ic is already too low for XPL, even 10-12ic is not too much at all. I ordered the 10ic version, when it was on sale, and will probably put the FET inside later with an AR glass.

What does “ic” stand for? … :question:

Integrated circuit.

Thanks…. :+1:
I am just not seeing a choice for the different versions you appear to be referring to on Simon’s page.
Obviously I am missing something. :wink: