SINKPADS R IN

Sure did,ill be calculating how many of each boards you guys ordered

Hey guys just posting that I ordered the boards tonight :slight_smile: and should be here soon

Kris emailed me saying someone wanted all there boards so I had to end the GB early sorry to who did not get in

But I did buy extra to resell for lil more cost so if u like any just pm me I got like 40 of each extra

After this and u guys are happy on how Iv done ill do a GB on 16mm boards

THANKS FOR JOINING

PS: THANKS TO THE GUYS THAT SENT EXTRA FUNDS IT WILL HELP WITH GAS LOL

ah dang… ill be PMing you in a little… was waiting til i got some cash tomorrow to pay

I hated to end so soon but I did not want to wait another 3-4 weeks :frowning:

i thought we had til friday… but its cool, ill buy a few of your extras when you get them

It was Thursday but ill try to help out when they are in

Crap, missed it too.

Just went to order now and….

Please PM me if there are any XM-L available extra, I only need 1 or 2.

Thanks Nitro!

I really hope I haven’t missed this :frowning: I leave my computer for a day to take my wife to hospital and everything’s changed when I come back…

The boards has been shipped to me guys they will be here very soon :slight_smile:

PS:For 16mm boards u have to make a design and pay the near $500 for tool use and there time ect…….from what im told and you have to buy 590 boards

sweet! thanks again for everything, now I just have to make a new light to put these in :slight_smile:

Ended on 15th instead of 17th? Oh, well I got them already so no problem for me :slight_smile:
Sorry Nitro, got them on my own in the end.

Here are some pics of what is waiting for you guys and some info I got from SinkPAD:

Asked about multiple XMLs on a board, not exactly on a 20mm, any board.
Seems like 16mm are not available, will see how persuasive Nitro is :slight_smile:
I’m going to cut/grind one of my 20mm boards to a 16mm one.

^these are 2 of my own pads

You can see the back side is stamped, which creates the direct thermal path for the emitter.

The copper vias seem thin to save the costs, personally would have made/designed them as big as possible

Where do you see vias?

So.. for best heat transfer, you have to lap them flat, because that back doesnt look even.

very nice i think i get the order in tomorrow and ill be sitting down all day and placing every buddy’s order

PS: For 16mm boards u have to have a design and put down $500 for tooling and time, and have a order of 590 boards :wink:

Neat.

I will make my own 16mm version DIY.

By vias I mean the copper traces that gos under the dielectric/the white stuff/top paint?, from the emitter /- to the/- solder pads. You can see it a bit in the picture. It’s the same as any MCPCB, this one has a normal dielectric instead of heat conductive one because the emitter is directly attached to the copper base.

Yes the back is not flat as it is stamped, I will fill it with CPU silver compound for heatsinks.

You should have them soon Nitro, it got to me fast over the sea via just normal mail and customs in 1 week. Depends when they will ship it of course, I suppose they have big amounts in stock so no waiting for production. It does not seem like something that takes days to manufacture either.

These are the boards that I would really like to have. They fit more lights then the 20’s do.

Thanks again

Yea I’m working on it for u guys, once I’m done shipping everything ill get on it

@JackCY ok, now I understand what you mean.

But I recommend you lap the star down until its flat. Filling that much space (looks like about half a mm) with regular thermal compound wont be much better than any aluminium star with dielectric between LED and PCB.

Although lapping star down would be best solution I don’t think that will be necessary as thermal slug on led is connected directly to copper star and surface of remaining part of star on bottom is vastly greater than stamped part…

But the star itself is also stamped and therefore not even. I tried it with several stars and I havent found one that was flat. Lapping star and pill flat makes a huge difference, big enough that you will have trouble to solder the wires on after gluing the star to the pill..

Why buy copper stars if you go cheap on using them then?

+1

Even if the stamped area is 0.5mm deep that still leaves a good 1mm thick copper layer leading to the 1.6mm thick area. You could get some 0.5mm copper sheet and cut it to shape (one of those 0.8mm copper shims lapped from Dealextreme might do it).