Sipik(?) 1-AA zoom for $6.77

I got one of these that was unbranded.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260884927455

The ad said it was a Q5 but it appears to be an Osram. Much warmer light and a very nice beam. Not very bright though. Better with 14500 but since I buy these for gifts, I don't run them that way for long so I can't say for sure about the driver. So far I have 2 citipower labeled lights and they have both been good.

Wade

Wade, are those citipower with Cree or Osram led?

I see the sipik on manafont is 10$ i guess it's not worth the price difference? Also is that yellow triangle a removable sticker?

I don't buy batteries often, but when I do, I buy COLORFUL ones! Doggone it. I'm going to have to get one of these now. I wonder if my DX cheapo charger is too overpowered for 14500s.

Quick Keyword Search

Protected Trustfire 14500 3.7V 900mAh Rechargeable Batteries - Colorful (2pc/set)

Probably not. It would be easier if we have someone who has the ebay light already so we can have first hand info. But for the price....

And yes, the yellow triangle is an easily removable sticker.

Yes, it's worth it to buy the one on eBay instead. You save $4. I'd say it's a worthy save.

You have that one? just want to make sure it can handle 14500's :d

The 2 citipower lights I have received so far both came with Cree LED's. Said they were Q5. Can't be sure but certainly appear to be XP-E.

Wade

The light it the picture looks exactly like the light I got off ebay referenced in the post above. The body looked just like this one and the emitter was an Osram, not a Cree. If you want a dimmer warmer light with a nice ring-less beam, this is a nice light. If you have something like this with a Cree XP-E emitter and want the same level of brightness, the Osram light will disappoint you.

I have another unbranded one on the way, but that is a silver 3 mode so I think it is a different light. Won't know till I get it anyway. Looking forward to hearing what you guys ended up with. I'm not going to get this due to my prior experience. Hoping Meritline will go on sale one of these days.

Wade

It's a big difference in output/quality with the sipik's?

Scheven architect, sorry I posted that stuff in the wrong thread!

I do not have Sipik so cannot say, I meant to post in a different thread so I deleted it but not in time!

Re: CREE or Osram, it is a bit disconserting that there are some non-CREE versions floating around. I wonder if a "Sipik" brand guarantees a CREE emitter. But the bigger problem may be that a vendor would advertise a CREE but not deliver one. In that case, the vendor should be held accountable.

Anyway, I should know which emitter comes with these flashlights in about a week.

I think i'll wait for 1 more week then :). TY!

Meritline just now has the Sipik on sale for $7.99 shipped, for those wanting more assurance of the Sipik brand. Coupon code MLCBF20

http://www.meritline.com/focus-zoom-lens-flashlight-light---p-44806.aspx?strcoup=MLCBF20&dealid=26479

Mine from this seller (tomtop) will be here next week as they are in NY right now. I'll let you know if they are Cree or osram.

Buy in Coins has the Ultrafire version for about $7.99 and there is a sitewide coupon for 9% at the moment. I can vouch for the Ultrafire version as being identical to the Sipik.

Not quite as cheap as the Ebay offer but you know what you are getting.

if you are a new customer or create a new account you can get 15% discount for your first order.

I always buy my Sipik Clones from 365Digital. Several people around here do. This is one of the small number of ebay retailers I trust totally.

These Sipik clones (badged Ultrafire) have the decent pill not the poor MXDL one. They handle 14500's with no problem and you can switch back to AA/NiMH without problem. In fact I left one on in a warm jacket pocket for almost 20 minutes by mistake with a freshly charged 14500 in it. It got very, very hot but suffered no ill effects. They says it all to me. Very robust.

Ah, yes. They are who I got my first one from too. Like you say, they are a very good seller!

They shipped mine out several hours after ordering. A good start!

I have yet to give the seller feedback. It was fast ship, appears well made, handles 14500 without frying the driver. I paid $7.25 for it. The Osram is not a bad emitter. Not as bright as the Cree for sure. However, on AA it is still brighter than my R5-A3 XP-G R5 on mid with a 14500. A pretty decent amount of light. As I said, the beam does not have any rings and there basically is no hot spot.

Guess, I'll probably rate him neutral. Certainly was wrong to advertise a Cree and deliver an Osram. However, it is a decent light and he shipped fast. OTOH, I sent him a message asking if he knew he was advertising a Cree and delivering an Osram and I didn't hear a thing. Perhaps I should give him a negative.

Wade