Sipik(?) 1-AA zoom for $6.77

Well one on the units arrived today - 16 days after I placed the order. It's a CREE. No brand name, only the little triangular warning sticker was attached. Finish is a handsome glossy black. Fit, finish, threads all look pretty good.

Did a side-by-side ceiling bounce comparison with my Romisen RC-29 Q5 1-AA, both with fresh Energizer Lithiums, and they came out about even. Fully focused, the Sipik(?) was perhaps a hair less bright; fully diffuse, the Sipik(?) was perhaps a hair brighter. Same die-shape projection for both when focused, however the Romisen's spot is almost half the size at the same distance.

Considering the Sipik(?) cost about half of the Romisen, I'd say it's a pretty good deal. I also like how much easier it is to focus by sliding, rather than twisting.

By the way, the current $AUS-$USD exchange rate is about 1-1, so the US dollar amount will be the same as the $AUS cost (or $7.00).

Think i'll get one or two Boomhauer,

Wish Obama would return you lot to the 'glory years' of Bush mk11 when one of our GBP got between $2.07-11

Quote; By the way, the current $AUS-$USD exchange rate is about 1-1, so the US dollar amount will be the same as the $AUS cost (or $7.00).

bought one from 365digital, waiting for money to buy some 14500's :d

All fiat currencies are in a race to the bottom - don't worry, we'll catch up again soon.

I reckon the big boys are taking the lot of us down now mate - with China as the model state for the World.

I have this Ultrafire Sipik clone from Manafont. I have tested it with both 14500s (protected Trustfire 14500) and Eneloops and it still works with both type of batteries (no burnt out driver so far) after using it for about a month.

I've also used a 14500 in the ebay light with no ill effects so far, but nothing long term.

Check your credit card statement the paypal will post in $AUS and most USA banks will charge a 3% conversion fee even at parity

We have more trees in the USA than in UK we can print more money than you Brits can :-)

Nice one, ha, the current 'crisis' was planned long ago.

Austery=poverty.

Anyone believing in money and politics is an IDIOT!

Belief=Act of faith.

I just received mine last night. I can confirm that that the lights in the OP are identical to the Sipik sk68 and they are indeed CREE (not osram) and they do work on 14500 without frying the driver. Interestingly, I find a couple things different than my Ultrafire one, 1. They are more of a matte finish (like it better I think), and 2. they have a larger emitter. Apparently, my Ultrafire sipik clone has a Q3 while these have the Q5. And yes, they are brighter than my Ultrafire (because of the Q5?).

Trustfire 14500 cells well below rated capacity. | Candle Power Flashlight Forum.

some discussion about how bad trustfire batteries are, but i guess trustfire fires 14500's have a good enough reputation here to buy a pair of them? Also, do the protected ones fit properly?

I've had only good luck with the Trustfire flames (protected). And yes, the protected ones do fit very nicely!

Well, i bought the one from 365... on ebay and some trustfire flames from manafont :). Now let's hope this light lives up to the things i read on this forum. I hope the tint won't be too cool as I'm now quite used to my NW dry :)

great sharing ,but this one is fake?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/7W-300LM-Mini-CREE-LED-Flashlight-Torch-Adjustable-Focus-Zoom-Light-Lamp-/290614663473?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item43a9fbd931#ht_3256wt_1175

This is from the same seller "TOMTOP" and is in US dollars. If you search the store, you'll find the same light in different monetary units.

Had to try this one.. already have too many zooms, but guess I need a sipik as well :p

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-CREE-LED-Flashlight-7W-300LM-Torch-Adjustable-Focus-Zoom-Light-Lamp-/280781272147?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item415fde3453#ht_3327wt_1158 I can not believe it $6.16 USD shipped for a Sipik (clone?) I think I will buy another one, Sometimes I am so weak to resist these deals but it will make a great gift if i arrives in time.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-CREE-LED-Flashlight-7W-300LM-Torch-Adjustable-Focus-Zoom-Light-Lamp-/280781272147?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item415fde3453#ht_3327wt_1158 I can not believe it $6.16 USD shipped for a Sipik (clone?) I think I will buy another one, Sometimes I am so weak to resist these deals but it will make a great gift if i arrives in time.

I just bought one! This looks like an interesting little light! It's cute.