Sipik(?) 1-AA zoom for $6.77

A small tip: pay attention to the item description.

I just got a Sipik clone from eBay that I got for a little over $5. The item description didn't say what type of LED it had, it just had "LED type: LED". It appears that it has an Osram LED (Golden Dragon?), the pattern of the LED when zoomed in (pardon the crappy ASCII graphics ) looks like:

_______
| |
| ___|
| | |
|___|__o|

I don't mind since I got it cheap and I noticed the auction when it was about to end so I didn't read the item description. Next time I will pay more attention since the one with the Osram LED is about 2/3 as effective in light output as my Ultrafire version. So far I have only tried it with NiMH batteries since I don't know if the driver can handle 14500s.

Never trust Chinese lumens. What is the emitter?

Hey. It's OK. It's a CREE emitter (according to posts in this thread) as I followed the lead of others who got this particular one. I just expected more throw, thats all, than what it has.

It's a bright sucker alright. But let's face it,,,it has optics. Can't be putting out more than what 60 lumens tops? Not bad at all, just expected more from all the buyin frenzy generated here...

I like it as it IS unique with the wide to zoom function....all they needed was to put a see-through BAT icon over the LED...talk about a wiggin' out when your buds see that projected on a building wall instead of the image of the LED as it's set up for now...LMAO !

DD has it now for 6$.

Should be the real Sipik.

Out of stock

what direction do i put the battery in?

Normally, the head of the battery should be facing the front part of the torch (where the led is found). Cant explain it better :S

+ in front near led, - in rear near tailcap.

ty!

Post your review about the flashlight!

Amazing thrower for the size. Flood is also very nice. In flood mode it will light up very well at 10 meters. Nice with AA, very powerful with LiIon cells. Best power/price i've seen so far.

Received mine today. Will have to wait for 2 more hours till it's dark, because for now it looks a bit disappointing (which all my lights are at daylight). My first zoomie and probably my last but i really like it being compact. Led tint is blueish but i can live with that.

It has CREE or OSRAM led?

CREE

won't run on a 14500 however....

I'm very pleased with my light (ultrafire version) very bright, only dislike is the tint which is a bit purple but bearable. Really like the smal size and the zoom function.

Just remembered this deal, when a buddy of mine asked for "some cheap AA´s to be left in a car etc.."

Took 6 to stock.

$5.99 at DD now!

and still 0 stock.

Unfortunately, that version has been sold out for a while now. They just haven't bothered to update their website, I guess. They do have a SK68 clone for $7.99 though.