Sipik clone E-Bay

Sorry, but what exactly am I missing here...?

$1.81....? (I know about the $5.99 for shipping)

You're not missing anything. They are using S&H as a profit center.

That's a great price, either way.

Which really doesn't make any sense since ebay charges fees on S&H too now. Well, at least in the US.

I've managed to get best offer at $1.49, so alltogether $7.48. Not bad ;-)

Does anyone know where to get (very) cheap holsters for those ones?

I think another reason they often offer low on price and high on S&H is to help people with Customs Issues. It keeps the item value down even for big orders.

The switch on mine is going bad. Anybody knows if the switch can be taken apart? It is a plastic and I tried snap ring pliers in the two holes but it is not budging. I sprayed contact cleaner but that has no effect.

The SK68? I watched a youtube video a while back which showed the switch being taken apart. The end cap was put in a vice, button upwards and the switch tapped out with a nail punch and hammer, or similar. I'll try to find the video.

Found it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZmKyxg07Is

Does anyone happen to have any beam-shots of this light in action...?

There are a few in this dedicated thread.

Thanks for that ebay link! Looks like I will have to hammer it out the press fitted switch

:)

Thank you! :)

I need to order a few of these lights in preparation for Christmas gifts.

Can someone please let me know the bets vendor with the best price...and what does it mean "clone"...are the clones are good as the Sipik, which clone version should I get?

Many thanks.

This seller was selling them at $7.51 about a week ago. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400246666893&ssPageName=ADME:X:BOCOS:US:1123 Now $7.99. Try best offer. I got 4 of them for $29.36

One thing I was wondering...

Do Sipik actually make the SK68 and the rest are clones, or are they all made in the same place and Sipik stick their name on it like everyone else?

I think it's the latter, except some aren't same but cheaper clones.

I use 365Digital to get mine all the time. Good price and its the version with the better pill. I left one on with a fresh 14500 in it inside a warm jacket pocket for about twenty minutes by accident. It got very hot but no ill effects.

As with all the Sipik SK68's and clones a quick clean and lube of the tailcap threads and under the zooming/sliding section makes a world of difference. No need to disassemble the slider a dab from the outside is fine.

Only thing I have done is adding thermal paste. I like my zooming stiff.

With the ones I get from 365Digital they are still firm after lubing but the sliding feels smoother.