Sipik clone E-Bay

Interesting.That looks like a static Sipik body with OP reflector. Probably a good candidate for XML pocket rocket.

Yep, its a 16340 body and none on those are zoomies. I believe, but am not totally certain, that all the 3 mode 16340's have a TIR lens too.

I got the same light set as you. My tailcap also sticks out now so not only can it no longer tail stand, it actually feels longer in length...lol.

When I go my parent's house again, I'll compare this one with the previous batch from this listing. Which btw is a bit more expensive now. Hopefully, this newer one is brighter with nimh so that I can get the older one back from Pops. :)

Tailcap measure on mine sipik clone(mxdl sk3) is 2.14a. Anyone has a tailcap measure that high. I measure my keygos ke2 xm-l, it only get .85, .40, .08a. So is my sipik clone high or is my keygos low? Keygos produce a little more overall light. Max zoom hot spot winner is the sipik clone though.

That looks like even more of a copy of the nitecore extreme than the Sipik is!

Well, I finally compared the clone with the longer tailcap button to the first clone I bought and I'm sad to report it's weaker than either my dad's clone or my Sipik I got a couple weeks ago. With nimh's, the output is sad. With a 14500, it's better but of course weak compared to my dad's or my sipik.

The sipik and my original clone are comparable in output. So I would avoid the clone auctions that comes with a 14500.

This is the cheapest I have seen the Sipik type: $7.76 or £4.94 delivered.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300595210202?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I always get my Sipik clones here. I even left one on for twenty minutes in a padded jacket pocket with a 14500 in it by accident. It got hot, very hot but there was not the slightest sign of beam blueing and when I stripped it down to check no signs of heat damage. The Sipik design sure has great heatsinking. Best of all despite that abuse it still works fine on AA's too.

Sorry, but what exactly am I missing here...?

$1.81....? (I know about the $5.99 for shipping)

You're not missing anything. They are using S&H as a profit center.

That's a great price, either way.

Which really doesn't make any sense since ebay charges fees on S&H too now. Well, at least in the US.

I've managed to get best offer at $1.49, so alltogether $7.48. Not bad ;-)

Does anyone know where to get (very) cheap holsters for those ones?

I think another reason they often offer low on price and high on S&H is to help people with Customs Issues. It keeps the item value down even for big orders.

The switch on mine is going bad. Anybody knows if the switch can be taken apart? It is a plastic and I tried snap ring pliers in the two holes but it is not budging. I sprayed contact cleaner but that has no effect.

The SK68? I watched a youtube video a while back which showed the switch being taken apart. The end cap was put in a vice, button upwards and the switch tapped out with a nail punch and hammer, or similar. I'll try to find the video.

Found it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZmKyxg07Is

Does anyone happen to have any beam-shots of this light in action...?

There are a few in this dedicated thread.

Thanks for that ebay link! Looks like I will have to hammer it out the press fitted switch

:)