Sipik SK68 Clone - 3-mode. First impressions. (Picture heavy)

I think he meant by groupbuy, to get the features we want (low, med, high) and the larger lens, not really to get a cheaper price :wink:

Weird that your UF 3 mode has such a protruding tail switch? It must be defective, check out this pic from this ebay auction:

Looks like the tail switch barely protrudes at all!

If they make this in a "super" low, medium, high (no strobe or SOS), I'll order a ton!! :) Same with the an 18650 version too ;)

I REALLY love how clean the flood beam is on this shot: The Ultrafire when zoomed in with the lens from the 3-mode

-Jamie M.

It protrudes just enough to make tailstanding a wobbly situation. Very annoying. 1 out of the 3 SK-68s that I have does this.

Can someone do a drop test with sk68? From like 2m, 5m, 10m,... It looks like it is pretty ok build for a budget light and could take some light to medium abusing.

Actually, that is not the flood beam, it is the beam when zoomed in.

For that beamshot I used the bezel/lens from the three mode Sipik clone on a one mode Ultrafire Sipik clone.

The reason why the Ultrafire has such a big hotspot when zoomed in is that the lens opening of the three mode bezel is larger than Ultrafire's original bezel and the pills are different. This also makes the flood of the Ultrafire wider when using the bezel/lens from the three mode.

I wouldnt mind to get my hands on couple of 3 mode clones with lower low and even better throw than the single mode has, at least thats what Ive read over here regarding 3 mode having deeper focusing capability=throws bit better.

The problem is, none of ebay sellers are shipping to my country so far, which is a shame, since I got myself 4 single mode clones but no 3 mode ones :)

[quote=scheven_architect]

Damn commies! In case you missed this post, I did a very simple mod to get three great modes. SB is currently waiting for the drivers to be restocked, but there are others out there too.

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/5979

As best as my Eyeball Mk.1 can see:

"Sipik 68" branded (from Manafont) - tint is a bit greenish on flood compared to other two, but not excessively.

- "No-name" branded (from ebay - tomtop). Tint is the best of the three, slightly yellowish.

- "UltraFire" 3mode (ebay). tint is the same as "Sipik" above, greenish. And tint is slightly blue when focused. Doesn't tailstand well.

Btw, you can extend 1-mode Sipik with this cheap flashlight to 2xAA (Link). Doesn't fit to 3-mode (Ultrafire) though.

You can, however, use it like 1mode. First mode is high anyway.

The three mode I ordered from ntxmas (see post #35) arrived today. And it's different yet again from either of the previous two. This one is also branded Ultrafire (as opposed to no-name), so for simplicity I'll just compare it to the previous 3 mode Ultrafire. In brief:

1) This one tailstands without issue as the boot is well recessed. Joy.
2) LED projection is exactly the same size as the wobbly tailstand version
3) Beam is even warmer, which means that it's vastly warmer than the 'Brand X' 3 mode
4) Zoom action is horrible in comparison; stiff and has a 'scraping' feel (and sound).
5) Both the Ultrafire and the Cree logos are denser, more 'solid'; the latter is also larger than on the UF 3 mode I received previously.
6) Both tailcap and switch cover are much nicer on this latest arrival, though interestingly - and annoyingly - the non-tailstander, though rougher finished, screws in and out more smoothly. Go figure.
7) The tailcaps are not interchangeable as the new torch has the smaller bore tube, which means it's the same size as my single mode versions.
Brightness appears visually identical to the non-tailstander.

It's late and I'm tired. If I've missed anything I'll update tomorrow. God knows how many versions of this light there are out there now.

Oh, and a last thought: I'm assuming this torch is from ntxmas because the packaging is identical to their last one (grey polythene), but it's just possible that it could be my long awaited, and refunded, TomTop purchase. As usual, there's nothing to identify the seller. WHY do they insist on this infuriating anonymity? Can anyone tell me if TomTop use yellow envelopes, and do they identify themselves on/in it?

The two Sipik SK68 clones I ordered arrived in a white padded envelope with the TomTop logo in the upper left hand corner. Also another bigger flashlight that I bought arrived in a bigger white padded envelope which also had the TomTop logo.

Thanks Dimlux. Looks like this one's from ntxmas then.

received my 'brandless' 3-mode sipik sk68 clone from eledtrading today and boy am i happy! I already have a 1-mode from 365 digital but this one beats it on every possible point:

- better tint (no purple, but still bit blueish, but i don't mind)

- double brightness

- much better focus and maximum focus size about 80% of the 1-mode (downside might be the smaller flood, but still more than enough): throws much further

- overall build quality is so much better: cleaner, sturdier,... i changed the clicky with my 1-mode one because it's a bit softer and i like it to be hard :p.

- low mode obviously

Nice result

If I could be sure of getting the exact same ones as you I'd order five right now. Glad you got a good one. In fact, it sounds like the best yet..

I think it is: only 'minor' things are:

- tint = not natural (as some said they received) but whore cares for a 7$ light

- it can not tailstand with the 3-mode tail cap (i used 1-mode cap)

this light is just WTFOMFG, can't say much more than that...

friends of me ordered from eletrading before the light costed 58$, i ordered when it got back to normal price and they got ultrafire one which is 3-mode but same specs as my 1-mode

Well, I am a newbie, and I got one of this babies. She only has 1 mode. Threw in an elcheapo AAA rechargable from HK, and this baby is flying.. :) From what I been reading, if I throw in a 14500, it will get even better.. Oh boy.. I paid $7.58 with free shipping...

Newbie in FLASHLIGHT HEAVEN.. ;)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290648945256?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Funny, I was looking for some 3-mode Sipiks on ebay and there are none (or price raised to $52).

I just found out the same thing, very weird.

Does anyone know a version which includes some kind of retail box? Doesn't have to be three mode.

It's available again from eletrading http://www.ebay.com/itm/CREE-Q5-LED-Zoomable-300lm-Torch-Flashlight-Light-7W-/170785369899 and others for a decent price. 300 lumens again. May be they're testing to see which one gets more customers? :-P

If you're having trouble finding can try this search http://bit.ly/ACGTLD (http://www.ebay.com/dsc/i.html?_nkw=%28zoom*%2Cfocus*%29+%28q5%2C+q4%2C+q3%2C+cree%29+%28aa%2C1xaa%2C+1aa%29+%28low*%2C+strob*%2C+mid*%2C+medium%2C+3mode*%2C+3-mode*%2C+3+mode*%2C+three-mode*%2C+three+mode*%2C+threemode*%2C+2mode*%2C+2-mode*%2C2+mode*%2C+two-mode*%2C+two+mode*%2C+twomode*%2C+4mode*%2C+4-mode*%2C+4+mode*%2C+5mode*%2C+5-mode*%2C+5+mode*%29&_sacat=0&LH_LocatedIn=0&_sop=15&LH_Price=..14.41%40c&_dmd=1&_odkw=%28zoom*%2Cfocus*%29+%28q5%2C+q4%2C+q3%2C+cree%29+%28aa%2C1xaa%2C+1aa%29+%28low*%2C+strob*%2C+mid*%2C+medium%2C+3mode*%2C+3-mode*%2C+3+mode*%2C+three-mode*%2C+three+mode*%2C+threemode*%2C+2mode*%2C+2-mode*%2C2+mode*%2C+4mode*%2C+4-mode*%2C+4+mode*%2C+5mode*%2C+5-mode*%2C+5+mode*%29&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313&LH_TitleDesc=1).

In case link doesn't work, it's a search on eBay for

(zoom*,focus*) (q5, q4, q3, cree) (aa,1xaa, 1aa) (low*, strob*, mid*, medium, 3mode*, 3-mode*, 3 mode*, three-mode*, three mode*, threemode*, 2mode*, 2-mode*,2 mode*, two-mode*, two mode*, twomode*, 4mode*, 4-mode*, 4 mode*, 5mode*, 5-mode*, 5 mode*)

in title and description

(sort by price+shipping is generally best and 200 results)

Seems to work okay without a lot of junk although I'm not saying it's the best possible term, some of those search terms don't seem to be necessary but I added them for completeness/just in case (in particular I'm not sure if adding Cree does anything but find more junk) but it may still miss stuff from stupid sellers.

Edit: Forgot to mention http://www.ebay.com/itm/CREE-Q5-LED-300lm-Zoomable-Torch-Flashlight-Lamp-Light-/150760231407?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Camping_LightsLanternsTorches&hash=item231a0291ef may be cheaper although I have no experience with this seller (there are a bunch of sellers as the same price, I'm pretty sure it's the same seller).

Edit2: Actually just realised this is likely just the 'UK' Eletrading etc price, looks a lot like it's all the same seller.

I was reading reviewers that reported lower mode pulling a draw of .34A and .21A for the UF branded one.

Has anyone tested the lower mode run time? I'm guessing here on an an eneloop it's somewhere around 6 to 10 hours on low? I suppose unless it's digitally regulated, I'm guessing it won't have a constant draw at full output for that time, so it could be longer?

Also, how would you all describe the speed of the strobe? Is is like 'disco' at 10 times a second or more like a beacon at one per second?

^ The stobe of my UF branded one is definetely fast...