Sipik SK68 Clone - 3-mode. First impressions. (Picture heavy)

:shy:

:bigsmile:

Grabbed my two favorite SK-68s last night. With freshly charged Trustfire Flame 14500 flames one shut off at 40:13 and the other at 41:43. On fresh Rayovac AA alkaline they are both currently still putting out usable light at 1:06 but output has diminished significantly.

Initial current draws for the two lights:

14500 1.95A and 1.85A

AA 1.1 A for both.

These are the two lights:

I paid $7.70, not $57 lol.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280724553968?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_4029wt_1270

I paid $6.16 for this one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270865421596?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_3097wt_1270

I really like these two lights, quality is the same (good) and tailcap is the same. Same removable pill.

I also have this one, not as impressed with it. Doesn't tailstand when its on, tailcap is cheesier. It did get to me in 4 days since its a US seller.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190624286819?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Still waiting on one more SK-68 from China.

good info, thanks! that’s about the same as the 3-mode Romisen RC-29 on High-mode (42mins/43mins/…). you got Med-mode too? (this thread is about the 3-mode Sipik clone ;=)

Only a Communist Dictatorship would do High.Med.Strobe

True. I just got 3-mode "UltraFire - Cree" branded Sipik clone and strobe is beyond anoying. The perfect Sipik would be low-low, med, high mode + mode memory. We can only dream

BTW, did anyone find cheap 2AA extender for 3-mode (Ultrafire)?

The threads are wider than one mode version (i have "Sipik" brand from Manafont and "No-name-brand-completely-blank" from ebay).

Strobe has to be annoying :), how about the quality/beam/output? is it the 3-mode from eletrading?

Mine are all one mode. I would not buy a 3 mode due to the strobe.

HUGE Group Buy on 3-Mode Sipik 68 ????

Everyone seems to like/love this little light.

Why not try to find a supplier for a 3-mode with the larger lens clone?

I would be in for at least 10 of them and others have mentioned that they find it to be a great gift light as well. It seems possible to accumulate orders totaling in the hundreds.

NOTE 1: I would also be interested in the RC-29

NOTE 2: I'd probably still consider the deal on the Sipik 1-mode if that's what people really want.

NOTE 3: Regarding the lens - If we can't find a supplier for the larger lens, the smaller one would do.

I prefer the single mode, unless someone came up with a multi-mode version less strobe and/or SOS. Even better if it could handle 2x14550 and have the extension tubes as an option.

the thing is it is a $9.00 light if you don't get a good deal, under $7 if you do. how much are we going to save on a group buy, $2, maybe less? not really worth it. group buys work better on more expensive items where everyone can save a bigger chunk of change.

I think he meant by groupbuy, to get the features we want (low, med, high) and the larger lens, not really to get a cheaper price :wink:

Weird that your UF 3 mode has such a protruding tail switch? It must be defective, check out this pic from this ebay auction:

Looks like the tail switch barely protrudes at all!

If they make this in a "super" low, medium, high (no strobe or SOS), I'll order a ton!! :) Same with the an 18650 version too ;)

I REALLY love how clean the flood beam is on this shot: The Ultrafire when zoomed in with the lens from the 3-mode

-Jamie M.

It protrudes just enough to make tailstanding a wobbly situation. Very annoying. 1 out of the 3 SK-68s that I have does this.

Can someone do a drop test with sk68? From like 2m, 5m, 10m,... It looks like it is pretty ok build for a budget light and could take some light to medium abusing.

Actually, that is not the flood beam, it is the beam when zoomed in.

For that beamshot I used the bezel/lens from the three mode Sipik clone on a one mode Ultrafire Sipik clone.

The reason why the Ultrafire has such a big hotspot when zoomed in is that the lens opening of the three mode bezel is larger than Ultrafire's original bezel and the pills are different. This also makes the flood of the Ultrafire wider when using the bezel/lens from the three mode.

I wouldnt mind to get my hands on couple of 3 mode clones with lower low and even better throw than the single mode has, at least thats what Ive read over here regarding 3 mode having deeper focusing capability=throws bit better.

The problem is, none of ebay sellers are shipping to my country so far, which is a shame, since I got myself 4 single mode clones but no 3 mode ones :)

[quote=scheven_architect]

Damn commies! In case you missed this post, I did a very simple mod to get three great modes. SB is currently waiting for the drivers to be restocked, but there are others out there too.

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/5979

As best as my Eyeball Mk.1 can see:

"Sipik 68" branded (from Manafont) - tint is a bit greenish on flood compared to other two, but not excessively.

- "No-name" branded (from ebay - tomtop). Tint is the best of the three, slightly yellowish.

- "UltraFire" 3mode (ebay). tint is the same as "Sipik" above, greenish. And tint is slightly blue when focused. Doesn't tailstand well.

Btw, you can extend 1-mode Sipik with this cheap flashlight to 2xAA (Link). Doesn't fit to 3-mode (Ultrafire) though.

You can, however, use it like 1mode. First mode is high anyway.

The three mode I ordered from ntxmas (see post #35) arrived today. And it's different yet again from either of the previous two. This one is also branded Ultrafire (as opposed to no-name), so for simplicity I'll just compare it to the previous 3 mode Ultrafire. In brief:

1) This one tailstands without issue as the boot is well recessed. Joy.
2) LED projection is exactly the same size as the wobbly tailstand version
3) Beam is even warmer, which means that it's vastly warmer than the 'Brand X' 3 mode
4) Zoom action is horrible in comparison; stiff and has a 'scraping' feel (and sound).
5) Both the Ultrafire and the Cree logos are denser, more 'solid'; the latter is also larger than on the UF 3 mode I received previously.
6) Both tailcap and switch cover are much nicer on this latest arrival, though interestingly - and annoyingly - the non-tailstander, though rougher finished, screws in and out more smoothly. Go figure.
7) The tailcaps are not interchangeable as the new torch has the smaller bore tube, which means it's the same size as my single mode versions.
Brightness appears visually identical to the non-tailstander.

It's late and I'm tired. If I've missed anything I'll update tomorrow. God knows how many versions of this light there are out there now.

Oh, and a last thought: I'm assuming this torch is from ntxmas because the packaging is identical to their last one (grey polythene), but it's just possible that it could be my long awaited, and refunded, TomTop purchase. As usual, there's nothing to identify the seller. WHY do they insist on this infuriating anonymity? Can anyone tell me if TomTop use yellow envelopes, and do they identify themselves on/in it?

The two Sipik SK68 clones I ordered arrived in a white padded envelope with the TomTop logo in the upper left hand corner. Also another bigger flashlight that I bought arrived in a bigger white padded envelope which also had the TomTop logo.