sipik sk68 clone for $6.16... :-)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330560956221?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Think it has been answered before. Someone corrects me if I am wrong?

Lennart

Well mine from Tomtop (ordered Dec 7th, shipped Dec 8th) did get automatically refunded by Ebay and tracking shows it still at Customs in Chicago. Seller responded to re-issue payment after product arrives. I'm still waiting. If I don't receive them in a couple weeks, I think I'm going to order 2 from the Brooklyn, NY seller (the silver ones here). WHAT? Now I see them selling at $18.69! That's crazy! Ok, maybe I'll go for the 3-mode, however I probably won't get it in time to take with me as a gift to a friend 3rd week of Jan.

-Garry

Sorry man, I really thought they were in Stock..
Really funny though, because I havent seen these for so cheap before.. And now when they are so cheap they have no stock..

Not your fault. :) It should really say "out of stock" on the item's page, as one would naturally expect. The other SK68 DD sells is now $10.39. And there's obviously no point in ordering at that price.

Oh well, still waiting for my Tomtop lights to show up...

Hmm.. Be interesting to know just how many different clone versions are out there; obviously they're not all equal. The best roundup review on BLF so far seems to be this one from Dimlux here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/5581. FWIW, all ten of mine came from 365digital, all branded "Ultrafire", all identical.

@ garry: Just in case you've not already seen it, you might be interested in post # 113 here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/5058?page=2#comment-105308. Probably he was just unlucky, but I guess it's kind of moot since $18+ is just ridiculous

Lensman - Well I don't remember that exact post, but did see his new thread here. I swear when I checked that Brooklyn, NY seller back on 12/22/11 that it was in fact $8.69 and not $18.69!

-Garry

I remember it being $8.69 as well when I clicked your link the first time you posted it.

If you look at the revision history of the listing, the Buy It Now price was revised 12/27

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemRevisionDetails&_trksid=p4340.l2569&rt=nc&item=310365411510

Oh, ok. That explains it! I wonder if there was a run on their stock due to BLF members finding out about it! Didn't know you could look at listing revisions, I see where the link for that is now.

Thanks,
Garry

I missed that, thx for the link. I completely agree re higher price = money well spent for superior product. Coupled with reliable customer service it really is, for me, a no-brainer. The idea of playing lotto to save the cost of a beer seems barmy to me. The only reason I went to TomTop was that their 68 is said to be Q5 as opposed to Q3 and I was curious to see any difference.

That said, to be fair, TomTop do apparently have a good rep. Entirely possible (probable?) that undelivered orders aren't their fault; here in the UK it's infuriatingly common to have postal problems with an item sent across town, never mind all the way from the far east. And of those TomTop "Sipiks" that have been received, I don't recall reading of anyone who got a bad one.

Thanks for the feedback gorann. I have some of these tomtop sk68 on the way. The tracking he gave doesn't work bu the says it's because the tracker is updating.

Got my sk68 clone from TomTop yesterday. Sent via China post, only took 10 days to get from China to Maine. I was impressed.

I am also really impressed with this $6 light. I am still pretty new to these ultra budget lights. My only other one is the $4 Home Depot cree XP-C light. This SK68 has great build quality, I am truly happy with the fit and finish. This is my first zoomy light, and will probably be my go to light for inside use. It is adequately bright, (pulls 1.3A at the tailcap, not sure how this compares to other people) and I feel no need for multiple mods on this light. I am surprised at how nice this form factor feels in your hand, it just feels right. Didn't want to put it down.

What really blows my mind is how can they sell this for $6, including shipping, and still make a profit after you consider the raw material, engineering, manufacturing, ebay fees, employee time, shipping across the world, all of the postal workers and customs people that have to handle the package, etc. Truly amazes me. I know its China and they make this stuff dirt cheap, but still.

Haven't received mine either. Ordered 2 units on Dec 17. Accepted in Shanghai on 21st. Proscessed in Shangahai 23 and that's it.

Never left China according to tracking. TomTop responded his records indicated that they have already been deliveredd to me and to check with post office and my neighbors ..

btw: USPS Tracking number is LK164011145CN

Oh dear, don't like the sound of that AT ALL! Maybe I shouldn't wait, and just email them..

EDIT: Just done it. Will update when/if they respond.

You should take into account that English isn't their first language. In this case my guess would be that TomTop meant that the lights have been delivered to the postal service in China for delivery to you. As your package got processed just before the holidays there might be a backlog.

From my limited experience with buying stuff from sellers in China/Hong Kong it usually takes a couple of days (perhaps even a few days extra since it was just before the holidays) for the package to leave the country after it has been processed.

I waited 26 days from that the lights were marked as "Shipped" (end of November) until I had them in my mailbox.

After february China new year with 6 weeks deliveries,this december postal services has been like clockwork for me.

Two separate ones from Tomtop,bought nov 29 and dec 17,arrived in about 10 days.

Lennart

yeh dimlux, maybe you're right. Just when he said "tracking showed delivered to me" i saw red. But why he would add "check with your neighbors" I can't understand. Gonna check with my local post office this morn just to see if i can find out for sure if they're still out there. Will reply later.

I just got a package of Sipik clones from Tomtop. It took about a month. They all work like they should. Nice little lights for $6 and some change.

Is this the most expensive Sipik SK68 clone?

Most expensive SK68

Thats strange, it even says tomtop in the photo