sipik sk68 clone for $6.16... :-)

So I decided to get in on this deal. I previously bought a half dozen of these from Meritline great little lights but I gave them all away. So I bid on one from tom top on eBay and won it for $7.16 made the payment through PayPal and all seemed good. Today I get a message saying I didn't win the auction and someone outbid me for $10 dollars and change. This is very strange to me because it said I won the auction already and paid for the item already. Should I start a dispute with PayPal or something. I have never had anything like this happen before what do you guys think I should do?

Sounds shady. I would report it to Ebay before involving PayPal.

@ E1320: "Today I get a message saying I didn't win the auction and someone outbid me for $10 dollars and change."

Very strange. Was this message from Ebay or the seller? And was your Paypal account actually debited? As Chicago says, I'd email Ebay first; all this stuff will be easy for them to check and confirm. Also, check your Ebay purchase history; if you did win the item, it'll be confirmed there.

I have to tell you I am a newb at ebay this is only my third purchase. In my purchase history it says i bought the light for $7.16.

I got 5 emails: 1 from paypal and 4 from ebay 1. bid confirmed 2. you won this item 3. receipt for payment from paypal 4. thank you for purchasing item from ebay 5. sorry you didn't win item from ebay.

I sent the seller tomtop an email to see if he is sending me the item.

That is very strange. Are you sure they're from ebay/paypal? Look at the email address.

The 4 from e bay are from

Sent By:
"eBay" <ebay@ebay.com>

The one from paypal is from

S
Sent By:
service@paypal.com

I would be very annoyed If I really want that item. They should explain what happened why you won the item but now you didn't. System error perhaps.

OK so regarding the ebay mix up on my order I got an email from Tom Top saying they are shipping my light. They also list it on there website for $7.60 if you don't want to deal with ebay in the future and there is a cute Chinese representative named Sandra you can deal with to sweeten the deal if you choose not to use ebay.

http://www.tomtop.com/lasers-flashlights/flashlights-lamps/7w-300lm-mini-cree-led-flashlight-torch-adjustable-focus-zoom-light-lamp.html

I just deleted a long post advising ways to proceed with your case, because while I was typing and posting it, you posted the above! Serves me right for getting up on a high horse.

Ah well, glad you're getting a result. I'm still waiting to hear back from them; another 24 hours, then I'll contact Sandra. Thanks for the link.

My order for 2 more TomTop sipik clones finally made it to USA on Jan 2 ....yep, out in San Francisco headin for Texas. Ordered on Dec 17...that's 16 days to get to USA...should have em pretty soon. yessssssssssssssss..!!

Got my first ever 14500 cells in the mail so I charged one up and popped it in my TomTop Sipik clone. Holy hell it makes a big difference. Its pulling 1.7A now instead of 1.3A with the AA. Really impressed with this little $6 light. It gets warm quickly though now, but its a lot more fun.

I also got one of the CitiPower XR-E 3 mode 18650/3XAAA lights yesterday in the mail. I won it as part of an auction which also included a dual 18650 charger and two unprotected ultrafire 18650s for $13.00 shipped. I actually really like this light as well for what I paid for it! Pretty much the exact output and beam as the sipik clone, just 3 mode and 2-3 times as big.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649&item=220915786213&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

I ordered (4) of these and they shipped on Dec 10. Still waiting. 25 days now. Sandra has been nice and will give a full refund if I have not received after 30 days. Guess I will reorder off their E-Bay site which I had success with.

Took 2 for 7.59$.

I ordered from Tomtop's Ebay store and I am still waiting! Ordered Dec 7th, supposedly shipped Dec 8th. Tomtop's emailed tracking # still doesn't work and Ebay tracking still shows my order stuck in Chicago customs (since Dec 11th). I have been refunded through PayPal, so no loss if it never comes.

-Garry

am using protected 14500s in my Tomtop sipik 68 clone. When I first got it I didn't have any 14500s, using a fresh AA it pulled 1.3A at the tailcap. 2 days ago I got my first 14500s (ultrafire blue unprotected) and it pulled 1.7A at the tailcap. Big difference and much brighter. Yesterday I got my Trustfire Flame protected 14500s and it pulls 1.85A at the tailcap. Fun little light!! Does get warm pretty fast though. I have not left it on for more than a minute or two.

I bought this light specifically to have a cheap tailstanding AA light for power outages. If you take the lens off and tailstand it on a shelf or table, it fills the room with nice soft light.

You may also take into account it's Australian dollars...

Well, today I received the cheapo Ebay light to be used for a 2nd AA extension with the Sipik clone! Now i just need the Sipik clone itself! Ordered the extension light Dec 19th, arrived today Jan 5th - not bad. I am about to order one of the Ultrafire Sipik clones from Manafont (got a Manafont order sitting on my desktop waiting to pull the trigger on). Probably too late to receive it for gifting! Aargh!

-Garry

Link to the manafont Sipik clone?

I notice DD sells two SKUs, one for $5.99 which choice of silver or black color. This one actually says Sipik SK68 on it, but listed as a Q3 emitter

The other version sells for $7.99 and it looks just like the one I got from TomTop, emitter not specified on DD buy my TomTop ones was listed as Q5.

I also noticed that TomTop has a buy it now for this light that has a submit best offer, so maybe you can pick one up for close to the $6.16 sale price?

They have sold 2,085 units from this listing alone. Crazy.

I just submitted an offer of $4.00, lol. Will see how cheaply I can pick up another one of these and report back.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290614663473?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_3084wt_1270

This is the Manafont Ultrafire Sipik clone I have. There is also a grey/silver version available but I don't have any experience of that one.

I am ordering the "gray" one, same price.

-Garry