Sipik SK75 2xAA strange looking flashlight

one of the oddest looking lights ive seen so far

Hopefully I can. Not really good at writing reviews. Put too much biased personal opinions into the product. LOL.
Oh, Some other Bros pulled the plug earlier.

I like the galactic ship design. also curious with the performance of 2 x 14500. Would it run 1 hour on High when compared to SK68? The use of it as a working flood light. How useful is the Magnet?

Many unanswered questions…

Edit:

• NOT very good light.
  • Same brightness as Sipik SK68 which is 3 times cheaper than it.
  • awkward holding stance and operations.
  • weak magnet
  • draws power from battery unevenly. Drains out one of my battery first.
  • tailcap doesn’t screw in fully with 14500. thus jeopardizing water seepage.

My one never arrived.
Waiting on PP to refund my money.
Looks like I’m not missing anything anyway….

Anyone tried this one yet?

Yes, i have one. Can’t say i’ve used it much. Bought it when wallbuys had their 50% off sale around christmas.
-It works with 1 or 2 nimh or 14500.
-it has an electronic switch with ~8mA parasitic drain on nimh, 40 mA on 14500 (2x batteries gave 3,6 mA and 22,5 mA on each battery).
-You have to cycle through all 3 modes to turn it off.
-The magnets in the tail could have been stronger, now you have to watch the orientation of the flashlight to have it attached to at vertical area.
-it uses a floating pill construction, so heat dissipation should be quite bad.

tailcap readings on high:
1x nimh ~1,9 A
2x nimh ~0,63 A
1x 14500 ~1,2 A
2x 14500 ~0,65 A

nimh were recykos @1,31v
14500 were trustfire flames at unknown voltage…

So i prefer a sk68 to this one, but if you need more runtime and modes i guess the sk75 could be worth looking at. I don’t own any other aa-flashlights in that price range, so I’m not sure what alternatives there is to this one.

Feel free to ask questions!

Thanks OscarM.

Yeah thanks, think I’ll give it a miss for now.

I just gave mine away a few hours ago!
My buddy was thrilled with it :bigsmile:

If anybody wonders why anyone would design something like that, here is your answer.

Good find.

That one looks a lot nicer, I might pay $15 for it.
No interest in the Sipik one though.

Good find Scruffy. That makes things a lot clearer.
The Porsche engineers, not being constrained by cost, should have made the lens elliptical. An elliptical beam would be more useful than a round beam and it would have fit in the glove box better.

Is it aluminum, as it looks? If so, how do they build it? That would be a slow shape to machine. I don’t see weld joints or cracks. Are they leftovers from the $250 production? Or maybe that shape can be cast cheaply?

Ebay Link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-pcs-SiPiK-CREE-Q5-3mode-190Lm-AA-14500-Zoomable-flashlight-FC-SK75-/230881966200?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item35c1a33878

For some reason I cannot open this.