Skilhunt E3A (AAA twisty) - First Look

I’ve been using it a while now. I love the small size. I forgot about the stiff twisty so it’s not a problem, though I doubt I can operate the light one handed as I can with some twisties.

I’m sure that nowhere near 100 lumens was coming out of the light with the generic (Titanium Innovations) “1000 mah” AAA nimh cell I had in it. I could believe maybe 20 lumens. I just swapped out that cell for an L92 lithium and it is a lot brighter now (I could believe 40?) but still nowhere near 100. That is fine, I didn’t really want a 100 lumen 1 level AAA light anyway. But it’s odd that the light’s flat regulation in the runtime graphs I’ve seen didn’t equalize the brightness between the nimh and the lithium cell.

I do have some old (age-wise, but unused) eneloops around here so I guess I’ll put one in tomorrow and see if it’s any different.

Got my Pink Skilhunt E3A on Monday, together with my Brass Astrolux FT03.

The E3A was bought on Ali Express for S$10.98, or about US$8.10. Free shipping from China to Singapore. No sale tax.

All beautiful colours, but I like this Pink one the most.

Yeah I derped up badly by paying so much for shipping instead of noticing the free shipping offers on AE. Oh well. I like the light enough that I might buy some more at some point, and now I know where to get them.

anyone know how many lumens for the high CRI version?

I hope you have fun here, ming86!

1 Thank

I found this old thread since I bought a few of these tiny lights to try some modifications.

The emitter swap is a piece of cake - no glue, no wires to solder. Take the old LED out with a hot air gun @300°C , put the new one in with low melt solder paste and the hot air gun at @200°C - done.

I realize that this answer is late, but still:

It is a LH351B 4000K / 90CRI running at 226mA, so ~86 LED lumens, ~75 OTF lumens.

3 Thanks

I have 2 Skilhunt E3A, one with neutral white led and other with high Cri led.
Neutral white have a little more power and high cri have a some percent of better battery life.
Both have better battery life with alkaline batteries than it is specified but when neutral white model discharge battery to the stage when flashlight wan’t turn on, when the same battery put in high cri model it turn on without problems and work.
I don’t know if it is about differencies in drivers or high cri model has lower Vf led?

Has anyone experimented running 10440 in this light? I understand it’s probably not recommended, it’s just that I’ve “seen” it done with other AAA style lights like the I3E EOS, AAA Tool, etc.

At spec it is up to 2V so probably will shine for few seconds :wink: