Skilhunt H03 short battery tube lighweight mod

H1 uses 16340 battery which reduces capacity from 1100 to 700 mAh yet weights more than long H03.

H1 with a battery weighs 47 grams
H03 with a battery weighs 97 grams.
It’s a big difference.

Twice as light but 5x shorter run time…
But it’s still cute. :slight_smile:

What am I seeing around the switch, some type of switch guard to prevent activation?

Please tell me more? I want one.

Yes bezel to protect button rubber and prevent accidental turn on.Material is aluminium. It is work and idea of one man from fonarevka.
They are cheap but shipping cost much more)

I think that would be great addition to my light. I do not like to lock out my lights while I EDC them.

How much you think cost and shipping to the US ?

Thank you

Shipping is about 4.5$ and bezel itself ~1.5$ , I have several spare pcs.You can PM me if is is interesting.

Yes it is…Olight claims 49.5g. I assumed that’s w/out cell.
47g with cell would be ~29g empty.

BTW I calculate 42g H03 + 48g 35E = 90g. It would be interesting to know what’s the source of the discrepancy.
I weighted my H03 with uncallibrated scale and it was like 43.5g w/out magnet. Haven’t posted it before because I don’t trust it much. Maybe your H03 is heavier than what Skilhunt lists?

Are there any spare 18350 tubes available which fit the H03?

Edit: Found these https://www.banggood.com/BLF-A6-Astrolux-S1-Flashlight-18350-Body-Extension-Tube-p-1012718.html?ID=519332&cur_warehouse=CN

These are my measurements, I weigh with accuracy of 0.1g. H03 along with LG HG2. I have two pieces H03 and they differ from each other in one gram. H1 weighed along with keeppower 16340. I forgot to add that there were clips on H1 and H03.
What my words would support, I attach a picture:

The capacity of an 18650 was just overwhelming when I finally got on board with it years ago. Still love it and really appreciate the long run times.
Headlamps dominate when I’m doing real work because it usually involves turning off electricity or being in dark places so the 18650 option is great.
OTOH it’s like having a roll of nickels stuck to your forehead. I used to buy lots of Zebralight stuff but life forced me to adjust my spending habits, still had some of the extra headbands they used to include stashed away and tried this mod with my H03.
I don’t know if the Keepower 18350 I’ve got really has 1200 maH available but if it’s close it’s a helluva lot more than the old 16340s we used in the past.
This H03 was my favorite 18650 headlamp, now it’s my favorite and only 18350 headlamp. Thanks for posting this!

I ordered 2 tubes here : Page Not Found - Aliexpress.com

I haven’t received my h04s yet but according to Jerommel measurements I received the astrolux S1 tube i.e. the good one (even though it says BLF A6 in the “body color” choice)

I measured 37mm long and 21.75mm for the threads

Got a couple boards from member Quadrupel that run TK’s Dark Horse and support indicator emitter. I wired the H03 switch emitter to it also.
Getting there!