Skilhunt H04 built-in problems (h04 and h04 mini) Warning!

It’s in the manual…low voltage warning at 3 volts which is a recommended recharge voltage. The H04’s low voltage protection cut off is at 2.7v giving the user 0.3v warning before going dark

Heaps of brands are set to shut off at 2.80 volts

It’s a useful feature, since the flashlight isn’t in your hand for you to see the red LED flashing. If you’re down to 3.0v, best change batteries. As funtastic said, you’ll get more charging cycles if you don’t let your cells often drop below 30%.

So yeah, the annoyance is there for a reason! :wink: :smiley:

Apparently only to me

Yes, an informed decision on your misinformation

There’s heaps of reviews out there that clearly show the low voltage warning, so to come here and moan when you failed to look at these charts is a bit much. It’s not a newly released light without any reviews.

If you have a look at Zeroair’s review it shows at roughly 82 minutes the warning starts and then shuts off completely at 87 minutes providing the user enough time to get a spare cell ready. 2.7 voltage cut off is considered empty and it’s certainly not your claimed 1/3 unusable. I think you just need a BIG hug lol

You actually should be correcting your entire post to show it’s in the manual at 3 volts (on load) not 3.4v, and it’s every 30 seconds. You’re very misleading to others reading and don’t bother to scroll down. There’s 18650 /18350 cells out there with a minimum voltage of 2.75 volts, so it would be very bad if they set the warning at 2.7v with a cut off at 2.5v. Many people out there don’t know a whole lot about lithium battery safety and using these parameters is the safest move…so for the “stupid engineers at Skilhunt” well done.

See previous reply above

Whatever….

I read several reviews and did not see anyone speaking about beacon mode at 66% drained.
My fluke meter showed 3.4v Ill trust that before some guy posting from his moms basement with a bad attitude and condescending name calling!

The lights both started into beacon mode at 3.4v. I tried 4 different high quality NEW batteries. I then took the batteries out of the blinking beacon failure skilhunt and put them in a Fenix, Zebra, Armytek, Sofirm end to end and all worked. One by one and ALL worked without failure flashing mode. Sooooooooo……

I dont want beacon mode flashlights. If you think they are fine them refund my money and Ill send you the bad lights. Bet you wont!

All facts, exactly like it happened. The only MIS-info being spewed is by you!

Name calling? Where have I called you anything? You called the Skilhunt engineers stupid and I just repeated this…

That’s 3.4 volts without a load applied which is 3 volts on load. This is noted in the manual and also on Zeroair’s review.

Sigh…. I give up, you’ve obviously not read anything many have noted about the load on the cell. Get some leads and connect the flashlight to the negative and positive and then to the cell, then connect your multimeter and monitor the voltage. Sofirn, ArmyTek don’t do it because they have different parameters…

I’m a dealer for Skilhunt and have sold over 100pcs without one single complaint

As you can see with my discharge graph, 3.00 volts is almost discharged, not exactly your claimed 33% remaining

I don’t really enjoy blinky lights, and blinking several times a minute is pretty terrible. Starting that behavior at 3.4V is appalling. I agree, a slow dim of the light is much better. If you HAVE TO keep running the light you can, or if you want to change batteries you also can. When your light is trying to make you have seizures you always have to swap batteries. Thanks for the warning idahofarmer.

Please read the comments… it’s 3 volts with a load applied. The OP is measuring without a load which is 3.4v. It’s 3 very quick blinks every 30 seconds

Please read MY comment. I don’t like lights that blink, I agree with idahofarmer on dimming being better and I enjoyed the warning thread. It seems you are so eager to defend the product that you simply ignored what I wrote, and the fact that’s my opinion.

I ain’t gonna quote individually, so…

Maybe blink off instead of blink bright might be better, without blinding someone? That’s what my plumber’s light (nfi what it was) was doing when I saw it. Same as the hideous 3/5 modegroup drivers, etc. It worked, so…

3.0V is last-gasp anyway. As someone who impatiently watched my Ope doing a discharge test, it’d linger painfully at higher voltages, but then I could see updates rather quickly from 3V and lower, and it’d drop like a rock fairly quickly beyond that. So you ain’t buying much time, maybe, what?, a minute or so?, between 3.0V and 2.8V. Best to get ready to swap out pretty quickly anyway, especially if running at brighter levels.

Was it the Dr Jones driver that would continually cut the brightness level in half as voltage would decrease? Under less load, the voltage would rise quickly, but then sink to the same lower level pretty quickly, then be cut in half again. The ostensible reason, as I recall, was so that you wouldn’t be suddenly left without light.

So yeah, I might not be happy with moonlight mode then getting a faceful of blinding flashes, but I imagine that can be fixed by Skilhunt if they want to. As for what to do with the current crop of lights… no idea.

Triggering a LV warning at even 3.0V for me might be a bit low. I’d be okay with a “reminder” at 3.2V-3.3V, but LV cutoff at 3.0V for sure, as the extra 0.2V doesn’t buy much time in-use. Still, 3.0V would be a good compromise.

Ymmv.

My offer is 60usd for both. Reasonable for used, hated, and poorly designed lights.

From the very start all I’m saying is that it’s 3 volts, not 3.4 volts…. not trying to defend anything, it’s just how a cell behaves on a load

lol

Fair!

On low mode and 3V batt. you can shine maybe for hours and every 30sec you’ll see blinks, that’s really annoying. This is soft design flaw for sure.

You do have a point for the moon level, from 3v to 2.7v can last for a few hours. As a non enthusiast brand though, I understand why they have put it there. I’ve never used a cell that low in use, only for a review. I usually charge cells at 3.4v

Sofirn had their HS05 headlamp set at 2.6v and bundle a 14500 cell with a minimum voltage of 2.75v, very dangerous if a user always over discharges it

People from Idaho be like that. :stuck_out_tongue:

He created this thread and had a moan, and then creates this thread for an extra moan lol

In the above he mentions it blinks 3 times every 60 seconds, not quite as terrible as this thread is made out to be. I do understand that at 3v using on moonlight would be irritating since it can last a couple hours, but not many would run a cell that low on a continuous basis.