Skilhunt H150 14500 Headlamp 519A 4500k High CRI

Hello everyone. Here’s my review on Skilhunt H150 with 519A 4500K High cri. Thanks for a good place to share content. :blush::pray:

1 Thank

Nice review, as always :wink: I agree, somebody needs to do a “lightweight” 21700 headlamp with good headband system. Not sure if it should just be the usual suspects again (144A, XHP50), just with better runtimes than their 18650 counterparts … or XHP70 … or even quad 519A in Carclo TIR (I would prefer that I think).

1 Thank

Agree sir. Light weight 21700 with good headband. Until now, the best 21700 xhp70.2 headlamp for me is Armytek Wizard C2 Pro max. I am waiting for the world 's first xhp70.3 headlamp. Thanks for watching sir. Please subscribe :blush::pray:.

Lightweight or 21700, choose one. Most of the 18650 are already too heavy to be comfortable despite having good headbands.

3 Thanks

Hello sir. I will choose 21700 headlamp sir. I don’t think it’s heavy for me. I will choose Armytek Wizard C2 Pro max sir. Wurkkos has a new hd50. Please stay tuned. I will review it soon. Thanks for watching and your support sir :blush:. Please subscribe :pray:.

I have a large noggin.
My 18650 headlights are not too heavy for me.
I plan to get a version of the Convoy H3, which is a 21700 headlight.
I know that it’s not very light, but it might work for me and my giant noggin. :+1:

1 Thank

Like an orange on a toothpick…

You & me both. Finding fitted hats usually means placing an order. Comfortable glasses - I gotta call Safelite.

1 Thank

Of course, all things being equal, a 21700 light will be heavier than an 18650 light.

Like Weerepat, I also have an Armytek Wizard C2 Pro Max. Its extremely durable and chonk, which puts it on the heavier side. I have no problem wearing it for hikes, but would not run with it.

However, I think, a much lighter 21700 could be created than what is currently offered. Imagine something like a ZebraLight “H700”. I bet they could pull this off weighing less than many 18650 headlamps (without battery).

Of course, there is no free lunch. Shaving off so much weight means you won’t be able to drive a tank over it, or push it hard with respect to heat generated. But if it had greater runtimes, I would buy it.

It might also mean some modifications to the headband, for example the typical top strap connects in the back of the head with a 1" plastic perpendicular connector… perhaps a larger silicone triangle would offer more stability. I don’t think I would want a remote 21700 to counter balance, but maybe it would work.

This mystical “H700” could be created, and if done well, it could be on-par weight-wise with some of the chonky 18650 headlamps (DW4, etc). If the center of mass is kept close to the head so it doesn’t bounce, I think it could work out even for strenuous activity.

Zebralight could pull that off since ZL’s are designed to be as light and small as possible (unibody design etc.) and the Armytek lights not, eg. the tailcap is ridicously heavy.

As for durability, a lighter unibody design will be more durable than a “normal” design.

The 18350 Armytek Elf weights roughly as much as a 18650 ZL, let that sink in.

I think the DW4 was not designed to be a headlamp.

Ha, that’s right. And to add insult to injury, the bracket can’t accept a top strap, so its pretty unstable.

All that to say, if Skilhunt could take the H150/H300 platform, make it fit a 21700, keep the weight down, without changing anything else (except bracket), I would buy a 144A version of it :wink:

Warning: Flat Tops will Short Circuit

inserting the battery backwards will also Short Circuit

Do not use flat tops… better yet, Do Not Buy H150.

more info: Safety warning: Skilhunt H150 short circuit

2 Thanks

Thank you sir. The company also notify me about this issue sir.

1 Thank