SKYEYE F13 Mod or work carried out around the house. Night shots added. Updated post 22 21.1.15

Nice bronzed F13 !

but now my wife wants her SRK done too !

Nice MRsDNF, that looks pretty good!

I also done the oven type, but it didn't do much..then I just put it above the fire on the stove and it turned gold/Brown in a minute.. but very hard to match the colors of different parts if you do them separately.

Wife must be happy with you, for making that mess with your/her socks ;)

Don't tell her you first tried baking her left socks because you weren't confident this trick worked on flashlights. Now you have to try to match her right socks..maybe the white and the brown one underneath will match. Just put the white one in the oven, it might turn Brown and match the other one. It also worked on the flashlight, so why not on that sock?

There appears to be a few members here still playing with these lights so just updating this thread on my latest findings. All numbers quoted are for reference only and are the readings on my light meter at about 6 meters. I'll try and get some night shots this coming weekend.

Just out of curiosity I dedomed a standard led. Before OTF reading with a tailcap current reading of a whopping 1.75 amps was 210. Standard led dedomed with nothing else done was 400. Out of curiosity I installed the low isolator from Fasttech, https://www.fasttech.com/p/1581402 keeping in mind the reflector housing has to have about .5mm removed from the face that contacts the head area to keep the reflector in contact with the star. I also put some Kapton tape over the base of the reflector to prevent any chance of a short with the reflector now sitting lower. OTF reading rose to 480. The tint was not to bad to me with no green at all.

For the cost of a few cents this in my book is a mod well worth doing. My own light in the OP with a dedomed XML-2 U2 1A led is showing 900 in the same scenario as the above mods.

Has anyone tried an XPG-2 in this light?