Skylumen selling BLF GT for 1000.00!!!

Agree Chris. Alot of us replied to the OP’s orignal uninformed question and then we got called out for being Vinh fanboys because of our good encounters with him and not knowing what went down between him and the OP??? Makes no sense. Obviously a witch hunt.

I think that OP was just mistaken about what he thought was a serious price and I’ve been confused before, when I’ve seen some respected Ebayers selling Zebralights for $200-$300 in the past. I emailed one—Andrew & Amanda and was told that it’s easier on mass sellers to just mark up the price when things are out of stock, because Ebay will charge them to reinstall the add once the item is back in stock, if they’ve deleted the add while the item is out of stock.

So as a practice, they just jack the price up to where nobody would buy them, keeping their ad/place intact and just adjust the price when the item is back in stock.

News to me, but understandable.

OP’s problem, to me at least, is that he just didn’t state ‘mea culpa’ and move on.

He came back and doubled down with the whole ‘rude conversation’ addendum and here we are.

Chris

Good new, useful information on pricing and online selling membership techniques. :beer:

In very poor taste… to people who don’t necessarily traverse the internet much it most assuredly would be mistaken for Rude/trolling behavior…

Which the proper procedure would be to mark the post with the Rude button and ignore it from then on out. Then the admin will sort it out.

I have build more than 200 drivers
The costs for this 3V LED DD +linear driver is very low, if it would be a true buck driver then it would be more expensive as 40A is not easy or cheap to build
Hell you could even drive that LED with a BLF A6 driver for 5$ on 1S/4P battery carrier with high drain cells

I wouldn't buy any of his modded lights because I won't spend that much. I know that the BLF GT was made by a group of good people here on BLF and engraving your name on it and owning the flashlight is not right but it doesn't mean that anyone has the right to call him A HOLE.

yeah this is BLF, he might be a fine guy but his lights are too expensive
CPF guys with big wallet and no desire of do it yourself can buy his lights

we have here in BLF:

- great developments on drivers and firmwares

- modding drivers and parts for fair money from members or shops

• very good modding examples and topics how to do it

so you can make your own modded light with similar performance for a lot less money
and modding on his own is much more fun

Wanted to own a copper Maratac, but due to regulations CountyComm does not sell this (Chinese) light outside the US. And it was not available on Massdrop at that time. Until I noticed that Vinh sold a modded Maratac for less than the cost of CountyComm plus forwarded shipping. And things went smooth from then on. Absolutely nothing to complain about!! When you say he is rude, you probably mean short and to the point. He responds in a very short time to questions via PM or OP. If I had to respond to a gazillion questions AND do some high-end modding, I would need a dozen alter ego’s.

As for the fat-wallet people: they can be hilarious. Someone wants Vinh to make him a light that is more bad-buns than the light of the other guy. And Vinh responds: sure, why not? But I almost wetted myself when I read some guy was going to return the box (with the GigaFlashasaurusRex-Vn just upgraded by Vinh to a Mark-II) unopened to Vinh because he heard that Vinh was working on a Mark-III.

Gold :smiley:

What is it with the lack of humor on blf lately? That was clearly a joke, to anyone who has turned on the news during the last several months. It clearly was not an attack on vin. It was making fun of the ridiculous level of other attacks on vin in this thread.

I made a very light-natured joke about marriage on the D4 thread, and I practically became Hitler! Is it just that people do not understand when something is a joke on the Internet?

+1000.

I can see why Vinh bought a GT here but stay away from BLF. Too bad for BLF community. Why no one can compete with him fairly and realistically, too much empty talk by a modder here while accusing Vinh overcharge.

BLF members, don’t let this kind of people spoiling our community.

Let’s see will he answer your question.

Guys, obviously OP realized his post caused grief to others and he said sorry for starting it. I think it’s a mistake made once in a while.
But the worst is that certain people used this thread to put more salt in the wound falsely accusing/criticising Vihn with negative comments.

Obviously Vinh’s buyers are flashlight lovers, who know what is for sale. If they decide to spend the money, then his lights are not overcharged.

And on the other side: I’m a longtime modder and I know that even the most basic of mods always takes hours to perform. But also finding out how to best do the mod takes time. And I sometimes have to build new equipment to be able to do a mod. That sucks away time too. I hope that Vinh charges all those hours and makes a fair living out of it, but my guess is that he is not getting rich.

About ” geez it was just a joke. You need to stop being so serious all the time “:
It is not about having to be serious, it is about the type of joke. In real life go ahead and joke away among your friends, they know you and you know them, but it is arrogant to demand that your personal type of humour is understood all over the internet (it surely is not!), so please stick to jokes that can not be interpreted as rude or offensive.

A joke?! No you are a joke!

Your justification is FEEBLE and I fail to see any humor in it.That is NOTHING to joke about.

My Niece got raped when she was 9 years old.I do not take comments like that lightly.

Maybe you should change the subject, please tell us about your TK61vn V4 and how it’s a better thrower because it’s smaller :slight_smile:

Wolfdog, it is very heartbreaking to see loved one being victim of rape. It will take a very long time to heal.
I don’t think Pony meant to cause grief to you. I sensed that he was being sarcastic to those trying to put down Vinh. I think judging or knowing a person’s intention is very important. Of course, I am not saying your judgement was wrong. It was not clear to be a joke when Pony posted it albeit it was a bad joke.

Have not read all posts in this thread. I think the $9999.99 price was not meant to be real. Just a number to take space while the real selling price is decided. This discussion is just getting to serious.