Skyray King (3xXML, 4x18650 Fatty)

I love the sheer power of the Skyray King, but with 4x18650 providing such high current to drive the LED, is it not dangerous?

Nope, it’s not.
Unless of course you don’t take care of your batteries and check the voltage with a multimeter.

i decided to buy some batteries worthy of the King so after much reading of posts here and elsewhere i decided on the panasonic NCR18650A 3100 mAH cells. now to search for the best source (read that cheapest), after much time surfing i found an ebay seller that seemed to have the best price, ordered four of them and lo and behold i received a purchase confirmation and tracking number from ORBTRONIC! :slight_smile:

ken

If you want to buy good quality battery, I would recommend anyone to buy the Keeppower 18650 batteries from ebay. Very Good quality batteries and they use the NCR18650A panasonic batteries and its protected.

Then why not straight get Pansaonic NCR18650A or NCR18650 ???
Why are the same panasonic’s wrapped by Keeppower better?

Keeppower is a OEM manufacturer, i.e. many of the batteries they produce is sold with other names on them.

You can take a look here

Hello there,

I thinking about

SKY RAY king 3xCREE XM-L T6 4x18650 2000-Lumen NW
http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=1460

or

SKY RAY KING Black Color 3xCREE XML U2 1B 3-LED 2500-Lumen CW
http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=1708

Which version do you prefer ?
Is there significantly more real lumens with CW version, that outweight more pleasant NW tint ?

This is my first post and thanks to informed members of BLF i’ve bought myself a skyray king, it came with ultrafire 3000 Mah red cells, and trustfire 003 charger, and after reading about the horror stories about exploding batteries here i’ve decided to buy Panasonics, but none of the USA dealers are shipping cuz USPS doesn’t ship batteries, Where i live only Panasonic unprotected 2900 Mah grey cells are available. but the big question is will they fit ? ive noticed the unprotected cells are shorter in size maybe cuz no protection circuit in them.

Now can any skyray king owners confirm that PANASONIC NCR 2900 Mah Unprotected cells GREY work in a skyray king without any mods or button magnets fixed on top ?
The batteries height is 65.2mm just 0.2 mm sticks out on the top.
I have no way to get these batteries locally and have to order them locally online, and cannot return them in case they dont fit.

NCR 2900 Mah 18650

Hello ugen!

I bought the Black Sky Ray King with NW-Tint some weeks ago!
I can not compare it to the CW-Tint, but it is really nice and still very powerfull!
The colours of the things you light up are much more natural. So if you want to impress with pure brightness choose the CW-Tint. If you want to use the light you should buy the NW one.

Greetings

(BTW I think am going to sell my King because I bought a higher priced light. But shipping to CZ would be way to expensive from D I think.)

Send Kumabear a PM, he has Panny NCR18650B 3400 mAH protected and ships USPS.

Welcome to BLF urgent & lightyear! You’ll love being here! :slight_smile:

+1 to what Toppel said. I would take NW, as the output is more than enough anyways, but it’s really about your personal preferences…

And be warned: once you buy a NW light, you’ll buy only NW after that. :slight_smile:

Stuck at home replacing my furnace today. I live in a new subdivision, a lot of construction and iffy power supplies.

An hour into the install the power went out and the attic went dark. The HVAC guys had a few old-school flashlights so I loaned them my King.

“Whoa!” “What IS that?” “Where did you get it?” “Lights up the whole attic better than the overheads…”

Worked for a hour+ on high hanging from the rafters, no issues. My furnace is blowing hot air and my power is on. Flashlights are handy sometimes.

I worked at Immigration and I brought my first SRK to my work and all were amazed with the brightness it produce. I have SKR black and SKR Mimic. To be honest with you, both feel and look exactly the same and produce the same amount of brightness. So, if you want to save up some money, highly recommend the mimic version from manafont.

Is the SRK gold, tan, bronze, a shiny or matte color? It seems every time I see a picture it looks different. Thanks.

Mine’s matte bronze but I know finishes vary. Got mine from Lightmalls.

That’s not your furnace… you left the SRK on high.

I bought a SRK from aliexpress back in July at US$ 57 shipped, looks like a genuine King
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1PC-Skyray-King-Flashlight-3-Mode-2000-Lumens-3xCREE-XM-L-XML-T6-LED-Flashlight-By/551526008.html

Looking for a Black NW Genuine SRK to order today to USA for Christmas. Where would be the best place to order from. Thanks for any help.

best price and fast shipping don’t go together unfortunately…

This is the only place that sells the black version