Skyray King (3xXML, 4x18650 Fatty)

Yes those will work just fine in the KING.

That is a really good price, anyone on the fence should jump on this, you never know.

I just noticed in your comment about a typo at Tmart that you have a typo in it. Maybe its a typo error made. there is only 3 mode. high/low/strode (press the button for 2 secs when light is on)

Did you check out the Tmart link to see what I was talking about?

Cheers, it just seems a little ironic but we all do it.

Not necessarily. Unprotected, yes, but not flat top. There are no anode springs on the driver end so bottom top batteries will be required.

The cells I use in mine are unprotected Panasonic flat tops but I stuck a small 3x1mm magnet on each for a button then put a bead of super glue gel around the base perimeter of the magnet to ensure they stay in place. Works great.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/280849788171#ht_3798wt_1396

i been using these panasonic cells, they are really really flat top like .2 of mm sticks up and it seems to fit. although i am abit worried if i overtighten the thing it might scratch or damage the driver.

Just placed an order to Tmart at $56.71 shipped.

Why does it seem every time I buy a flashlight, they drop the price!!! I ordered a King last week from TMart for $65 with a 5%coupon code.

Mine arrived today, ordered on the 14th so just over two weeks. Not bad.

’Tis very bright :slight_smile:

I just could not resist trying this one out after all of the discussion and price drops at $54.89 with free shipping and tracking.

Lightmalls Skyray King

I will tell you guys how it goes.

Cheers

Bicycling with the SkyRay King - a work in progress. Comments and suggestions would be appreciated here:

This light is awesome as a cheap mega-bikelight!

…And here is how to use it with moon light mode

VHT makes ceramic spray on paint. Requires baking a few times but the finish is very good
for a rattle can paint job. Its a very flat back finish and can work well on bare AL surfaces…

SKYRAY KING Mimic $43.90

you think potting the driver board components will increase the reliability? the king seems to be a rather hot running light…

damn, i am beginning to hate this forum! just bought a king!

ken

umm nah i think potting may increase chances of overheating driver .

but ul love the king !!! :bigsmile:

Whats the diameter of the metal switch button (the button part). Im thinking of a waterproofing exercise where the button is replaced by a regular rubber/silicone boot, which should seal it to prevent water ingress into the switch itself. My suspicions however are that the button is smaller than the usual boots we play with.

(thinking of a relatively cheaper light for holding under salt water for crabbing, 2 hours runtime, 2 hours of dunking, totally waterproof and able to withstand 2m depth, and water spray for cleaning (removing salts))

Ordered one last October 5th.This will be the brightest in my collection. :bigsmile:

What does “mimic” mean. Is it the same?