Skyray King (3xXML, 4x18650 Fatty)

It’s kinda unethical that they try and pass it off as the original SRK though. They try and clone the logo and everything. If we had SRKv1 SRKv2 SRKv3 and so on it would be easier to keep track of which one you’re actually ordering :frowning: If they change from a super nice buck driver to something not as nice, I think that’s a big enough difference from the original to call it v2 or whatever :frowning:

-Jamie M.

Anyone notice Fasttechs price increase on the SRKs? The CW bumped up to 41.71 now before discount.

I have an extremely hard time believing that is a CW then. Probably NW.

Unethnical? Are you new??? LOL! Just messing with you Jamie. I completely agree. But, it’s China. They’d clone Elvis if they could make a buck.

Has anyone see/purchased/tested the 4LED “SRK” T6? Found one for the same $37 price even.

Show us the link?

Yes I have seen it looks ok, might get one down the line,

Ah, I let it go, bid was won at $40 but they have a $45 buy it now price. If its anywhere near driven the way most SRKs are, you probably couldnt hold it without a glove for very long :slight_smile: Another thread I see now has links already. Skyray Kung M4 ( 4 XM-L emitters !

I just recieved the Black SRK from FT……sloppy threads, un-centered emiters, aluminum bezel and missing a ground screw from the tail cap.

Its bright maybe 1800 lm with new samsung batts. I corrected the screw and added a strip of foam in-between the batts to get rid of the rattle…teflon tape on the threads and cleaned all the contacts ect…

Verdict: For $36, I like it :slight_smile:

Yikes! lol. I guess for $36 it can be expected, but wow.

-Jamie M.

Fast Tech posts right in their site. That the quality of Gold are Superior to the Black. If they know this, it would seem to be simple to rectify the situation.

Makes sense….I just got a gold $32 one from wallbuys, It’s the same as the Black from FT except the threads are better and there is 4 ground screws under the tailcap. It has the aluminum bezel, badly centered emiters and thin lens same output as the black one FT to my eyes.

I just purchased this torch from FF, black version, and that is the genuine real deal, so I’ve heard from everywhere. My question is how can the couple 4x panasonic protected 18650 3400 for $35? They should be around $60 i thought?

What do you guys think?

A check of the current price of Protected 3400mah Panasonic NCR18650B batteries shows them to be $17/pair shipped (so $34 for four shipped to your door): http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10001980/1141104-panasonic-ncr18650b-protected-rechargeable

-Jamie M.

Oh wow thats a great price! Ric got back to me and said they are 100% authentic and profit margain is low. Would these batts really deliver 3000mah+? That should power the srk for a long time :slight_smile:

They sure damn do! I usually order the unprotected ones and put a solder blob on the top (or they have button top now, that are UNPROTECTED! That’s how popular these batteries are).

I use NOTHING but these batteries now (and the 4.35v Samsung ones). Flawless quality, monster power (even on VERY high current draws).

-Jamie M.

First post (registered just to post this [also on the “other” forum but they just seem a bit snooty])

Heads up on a find
From other posts, this is the “1st buy” variant
http://www.amazon.com/SKY-RAY-Bright-Lumens-Flashlight/dp/B008YZV6K6/ <- ($30.99)
Same price at lightmalls SKY RAY KING Desert yellow 3xCREE XM-L T6 2000 Lumens 3-Mode Flashlight (4*18650)
Full kit: Nitecore IntelliCharger i4, 4x 3000mAh batteries, and SkyRay KING <- ($57.07 )

Absolutely floored by the power of this little handheld light

I believe I found myself a new hobby…(yay…gonna spend MORE money)

Daggum, I thought I was doing good with a Sipik SK-68 and its bigger brother the Sipik SK-98, clicked the SkyRay on and it was BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAA like the TXH intro

I have a feeling you guys will introduce me to other rigs out there that will blow me away with light :slight_smile:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161124048043

Better build quality/machining than most other cheap clones, has XML2s, and a H-M-L driver that's easily modded.

I'm a noob...be gentle :p

I have the exact same driver as this one with all the missing components

I see you recommend jumpering across one of these resistors

Isn't that 000 already a jumper, or is that your already "modified" showing?

Honestly I am new to the whole world of Cree so any links/info you can send my way will help...and I should probably quit hijacking this thread anyway

P.S. Thanks! (waiting for the edumication to begin)

P.S.S. I will shutup and hit the stickies...

A '000' resistor will still be a few milliohms, so a piece of copper wire will be much lower. These things work on very tiny amounts of resistance.

What resistors does your driver have on it now?