Skyray King (3xXML, 4x18650 Fatty)

If it's a clone, I don't want the original.

Review to come, but the build quality/machining on my example is superlative.

So is it really a King? or simply another knock-off and how can you be sure?

I know I mentioned this before but it sure makes me think about the Balder SE-1 I purchased from CNQG that doesn't have any branding (no printing or etching at all) and even came with a used Ultrafire 14500. My initial thought was review sample. The clues seemed to add up. But as long as it's not "used" and it works like it should then I definitely prefer a light with no branding printed or etched on it. Well.. unless it's tastefully done. In some cases I might be proud enough to enjoy the branding

IIRC, the MPCB is branded. I'll have the light in-hand in a couple of hours to verify.

The King I received is the best-built torch I've purchased from RIC, on par with the CNQG Longrun.

I'm confused, you save it's the best-built torch purchased from Ric, but don't have it in hand yet?

I think you're gonna have to, buddy cause my NW King is in the country and Im just waiting for it to be delivered! :)

What's the MPCB?

Okay, I'll order one in a couple of days. This is going to be expensive for a NW and DHL shipping

Since I don't carry it on my person at all times, I can get the info when I go home.

@dorpmuller: I meant to type PCB, for the Printed Circuit Board

Oh OK, So what's the verdict on the PCB?

Anyone know of a cap that can be popped over the lens so it doesn't get scratched up? When I get one of these, I plan on daily carrying it in my bag at work and I don't want to damage the lens. Something fun to replace the Fenix TK35 I lug around in my bag. ^_^

just go to wal mart w/ your calipers :)

I buy "multivites" gummy vitamins. they come in a clear plastic bottle. I cut the bottom off and it slips right on a couple of my lights, nice and snug. Next time I run the blast cabinet it won't be clear anymore...

Just ordered my SkyRay King NW from CNQ as well as a 6-pack HiMax 18650 + Xtar WP6 II from protactical.

BTW...if you order from CNQ, tell them you are a member of the BudgetLightForum and you'll get $5 refunded after your purchase. ^_^

I was mistaken - no markings on PCB.

How did you get him to do that?? I bought 2 lights & 2 holsters, gave him my BLF ID, his order number and PP transaction #, and he told me NO for a discount, that his prices are already low..........add in shipping though and that really isn't the case.

Wish I had some money right now. Tired of waiting a month for things to arrive. I'd order this from T-Mart for a quick ship.

http://www.tmart.com/SKYRAY-SKKING-XMLT6-15W-30004200LM-5-Mode-Flashlight_p141642.html

Did you confirm that it ships out of the Brooklyn warehouse?

No… I have no money anyways… just a thought

I left a message with their CS asking it it ships from the US warehouse or not.

I just looked at their site. The Sky Ray is $67.00!!!!! is that with free shipping??? I will mention that I am a BudgetLightForum member too. Wink