Skyray King (3xXML, 4x18650 Fatty)

I gave up on CPF a long time ago. I love the fact that there is no bias towards advertisers here. I am surprised anyone still goes to CPF. Glad there was a cached link to view that review. Take that Grunta!!! :P

oh man. I ordered a Zebralight SC600w for my birthday but I may have to buy the King in neutral for my birthday too! :S lol.

Would you want to ask him if he minds if we repost his review on BLF for him, if he doesn't feel like posting it himself? It's a really worthwhile review and people (BLF and the general public) need to see it!

It p's me off that CPF deleted the review. There's absolutely nothing in it but facts (unless Aku doctored the photos but I doubt that's why CPF deleted the review).

Edit: I guess one could argue that Skyray stole Nitecore's intellectual property by cloning their design. Is there any precedent at CPF for deleting favourable reviews of other clones?

Is there any precedent at CPF for deleting favourable reviews of other clones?

There's precedent at CPF to delete anything to do with budget lights.

So they delete reviews of any flashlight which is cheap and is overall a better deal? Wtf?

Dang BLF! I just ordered one in neutral from CNQ! Bah. My birthday monies have vanished!

Haha :)

You'll love that one!

I just ordered both CW & NW from CNQG and asked for the BLF discount, I read on here it was suppose to be 10%?? just got reply back from Ric......no discount his prices are already low he says.

Yea well you add shipping to your order and no he's not much cheaper. Well lets see how much faster and better the order is than MF.

Any holsters available for these?

Price drop @ MF $80 > $77.80

http://haax.in/skyray_king_review.htm

I hope AKU doesn't mind.. :3

I doubt he will, after all, all you are doing is preserving his hard work and sharing with everyone.

CNQG is ~$79 to me with registered shipping.

I'd pend the extra $1 or so to buy from Ric if it means more personal service. I'm not saying he doesn't screw up from time to time (he has with me), but I find him easier to get in touch with than Manafont. Also, for some reason my shipping time from Manafont has been the slowest of all vendors I've purchased from in the past few months.

Richie86... did you ever figure out why your light is drawing less current?

Also, is this really a bad thing? I mean so long as its lumen output is on par with everyone else, drawing less current would be a GOOD thing.

curious...

Hey Kramer, I really don't think it is drawing less current. I believe the problem was simply the technique I used to check it. This is a difficult light to verify current readings given the battery configuration.

I'd have to say the best way to actually check the current on the KING is to take it apart so the reflector can be unscrewed to have access to the connections to the LED's. At that point, I have no doubt an actual current reading can be taken. Hope this helps.

If you look at the photos comparing the KING to the UF-T70, the color tint and amount of output appeared similar. The only difference was the beam. UF-T70 had a brighter hot spot, the KING had less. This was due to the Ultrafires larger reflectors and the KING's smaller reflectors which are also more centered.

For those who may care about such things, my King from CNQG arrived in perfect shape, and WITHOUT BRANDING OF ANY KIND.

That is a big plus, in my book.

Awesome. So we have another NW version in the ranks.

No Skyray branding at all??? You think there is a chance it’s a clone or some other lesser quality knock-off? By lesser quality I am referring to internals.

If we get one more of these NW KING's that outshines a DRY on turbo, I'm going to break down and order one from Ric. Obviously the NW version is not a Skyray, but manufactured by someone else. Perhaps slightly better driven too.

Got my neutral from CNQG also.... no branding. No brighter than any of my other hot rods. The DRY warm is brighter. I'm a wee bit disappointed, but the thing still lights up the world.

Any thoughts on IMR's? Or is there every chance I'd smoke it? Using pink Ultrafires right now.

Rich