Skyray King (3xXML, 4x18650 Fatty)

Sorry for the barrage of questions... scattered mind at work here

So with four cells in parallel, and 3.7A current draw... does that mean the 3.7amps is split between the 4... so each cell only "delivers" 3.7/4 = .925A?

I just remembered I only use flat-top Panasonic CGR cells, with a small dab of solder on the +B. Solder is pretty soft stuff, I think I will be OK with the +B rubbing on the circuit board.

I am "this" close to pulling the trigger!!

Yup, I don’t like it, maybe the batteries doesn’t help because they are a bit shap, but I think it is the flashlight’s fault. Anyway it can be fixed soldering something harder on the top of the PCB.

Or maybe the springs can be replaced (a bit harder) with shorter ones

Yes!! if you unscrew it let’s say 5mm, it doesn’t turn on pressing the button, so it’s very safe

So, it takes ~1 Amp from each battery, that is really nice for the batteries lifetime, capacity and heat.

I didn't keep it turned on for much time, not more than one minute because there is daylight, but I'll try this night and see how hot it turns.

I'm watching it on my desk tailstanding right now... the color is really good, silver with light gold, I love it :D

In Thai web board, sa11 measured 7.23A Hi , 0.655A Low and 1.8A per cell.

It makes sense if It's real 2000 OTF.

http://www.thaicpf.com/webboard/index.p

Mouse over for SKYRAY King NW, Mouse out for DRY NW (70mm, 1.3s, f/8, ISO400, 4800K, distance about 90m)

Wow...If these numbers are correct, I'd say I've been wrong all along about the Skyray KING. Looks like output is for real. Now the question is how does it handle the heat?

Amazing, the skyray is brighter than the dry. Thanks for posting this.

Follow the link and find SKY RAY KING.

http://www.thaicpf.com/webboard/index.php

Hey folks...I hope it's okay to post this Youtube link I just found for the SR KING by LIghtMalls.com. Clearly on low mode there is a good amount of PWM, but none that I can detect on high mode. So on High it's either directly driven or something else??

Glad it doesn't have the TM-11's UI. I like this much better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ0SyfMs5dc

The UI is simple:

1st Click => High

2nd Click => Low

3rd Click => Off

Hold 2s when lit => Strobe (I really like the idea of hidden strobe!)

No PWM on high, but BAD PWM on low. I'll measure this later, but it's way worse than DRY.

Howlow is low?

Low is about the same as DRY low. You can see a beamshot of low here.

Well, it looks sweet. If it had infinite brightness instead of strobe, I'd be all over this one.

I don't mind the strobe at all, but I find I actually prefer the combination of having access to a small number of modes (two or three) and being able to access an infinite brightness mode (preferably with memory) when needed works really well for me. I mostly use high and mid, but being able to dial it all the way down or to have a mode in between is nice.

I didn't think I'd be too crazy about it, but after I got the iTP SA1 I wish more lights would come with a forward clicky, a sideswitch and infinite brightness.

That has more sense than my measurement, for that reason I said that my measurement was not precise so I’m glad to see a real one, maybe I only made contact with two batteries instead of four.

Now I realize why my PCB is a little shaved, I'm using 18700 batteries, so maybe this flashlight was designed with 18650 in mind.

EDIT: 7.23A*4.2V (no voltage sag) is 30Watts, so maybe it is not "Digital Regulated 4000mA", but it is brighter than the DRY in Turbo mode and also brighter than the UltraFire T70... 30Watts input considering the driver's inefficiency (boost driver, it IS inefficient) that is much less than 3Amps on the LEDs; so I'm meaning that 7.2Amps could be wrong (but it is way better than my measurement)

I would like to measure current on the LEDs, that is easier and better than tailcap measurement, but I don't know how to disassemble it... even the front bezel is hardly tightened.

I'd love to get the neutral, but the shipping put me off.

If someone in the U.S. has a neutral, I'll deal.

Rich

Yeah, CNQ is the only game in town I know of that offers NW tint. But for $77.00 + $32.00 DHL, I'll pass.

Still sounds as a decent load per cell.

i thought you ordered one, rich? oh, was it CW though?

So the switch is electronic then? How does it feel? Compared to TM11? Thanks!!!

Hi Xed...yes, I ordered from Manafont. It shipped on the 20th, and still waiting for it. After I placed my order, Ric came out with both versions, CW and the option to purchase NW, which is always my preference. But for that much money, I won't be owning 2 of them.

Looks like the contacts on the circuit board will wear through in no time. It already looks like the gold plating is worn through down to the copper in some spots.