\Skyray king mod idea.

I can’t find the 0603 easily, so will go with the std 1/4w jobbies from my local hobby place, thanks for the advice I can get modding now.
Just one other thing is it possible/easily to slow down the strobe rate, I suspect not as assuming that is “set” by a chip ?
thanks
tabs

Hi which resistors did you decide to get do u have a part number ,for maplins

I bought mine from eBay

Just a thought, what will happen if we use just ONE pot (30k for example) and solder it parallel to all three 15k resistors?

no that make all driver feedback mixed. SRK driver, there are 3 individual drivers for each LED for better maching. if we parallel all 15K resistors, 3 driver act like one driver. and same as 3 LED driving parallel.

I haven’t got them yet, was just going to go to Maplin and get M39K, as these are physically the smallest at around 2.5mm diameter and 5-6mm long.
I did find the 0603 type on ebay, about £2 for 100 delivered, but these are tiny and I don’t know if my shaky hands can solder that well now due to shakes(not caused by booze or drugs)!!
I just think I will find it easier to solder in some of the larger(than 0603) Maplins ones.
tabs

iIm probably going to have to go the same as my hinds eyes r not what they used to be,please post after you get them, thanks tabetha.

Im A complete nooby and just realised these r not the thick film resistors,Do u just solder these across !

Yes just solder across.
tabs

big thanks…

Subscribed as I have one on order!

Has anyone tried to change the reflector for optics?
Would something like this this work?

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1606/10002020/1187500-50mm-15-degree-3-led-optical-lensoptic-for-cree-le

That optic is much shorter then the stock one, that said. I believe that this one or this one would likely fit as replacements

Just got one of these (well, a UV-S5), waiting for the 16mm Sinkpads to show up and looking to squeeze 4a per LED out of this thing. Anybody hit that number before, any problems? And I'm trying to get a resistor combo that yields ~7500 ohms to get that 4a per, correct?

Just for kicks, Ive considered raising the output current on the one that rides on my bike, but the additional heat would require some innovations in externally mounted heat sinking. Possibly a slot cut 180 degrees into the head directly behind the emitter mounting plate, where a thick copper plate would replace the original and then a heat pipe soldered to the external protruding copper plate. It would probably be easier to just mount a pair of SRKs to the bars and enlarge my existing external pack. But then, its already slightly to bright in most situations (often very annoying to everyone I approach, even in low mode) :bigsmile:

Of all the power LED flashlights that Ive yet been lucky enough to own or play with, I wish I knew the engineer that created the first SRK so I could thank him.

For those who have low output power, I found some design flaw in SRK Driver.

at stock condition, each LED drive at 2A. when I check it, only one LED driver 2A. others 1.2A & 1.5A

After spend few hours with SRK driver, finally found it has track design problem.

will update here after easy/best solution found.

• Is this a 3 terroid driver version SRK?
  • Can you tell us how many amps the driver pulls from the cells when charged to 4.2V?
  • When and where did you buy your SRK?
    Thanks for working on this. :stuck_out_tongue:

yes its 3 torroid driver
it can easily put 3A but depend on cell condition. over 3A not practical due to high heat, no enough lumen increase

I don’t own SRK :smiley:
Im working with my friend’s SRK
Im going to buy SRK this week. May be Fasttech’s gold SRK (37.90:money_mouth_face:

this is the fault.

current sense output connected near FET. Not near Sense resistor.

BTW, R1 and R2 sense resistors should be labeled 0.01 ohm, not 10K.