SkyRay King / Warrior question regarding battery wearing driver board

I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with the battery wearing the driver board contacts out? I ran across this older post here: SKY RAY KING Battery contact mod

It seems pretty straight forward, but the driver in the Warrior is different in the middle.

Anyone worrying about wear and tear on the board?

Never heard of any issues…
Could always put some solder paste on the contact and flow it around with a heatgun carefully. Just to add a little metal on top of the PCB.

Copper wire formed into a circle and soldered at 3-4 points would work without drilling any holes.

I went ahead and did the copper wire mod. I flattened the wire our and soldered it in, it works fine and the protected cells still fit.

Thanks!

Nice, I may do that some time in the future. My Warrior is getting lots of use now, but I’m not as thrilled about its PWM (used it one night, it is visible as I’m jogging), so I tend to keep it on high all the time now, requiring a recharge over every use. Since they are laptop cells (Panasonic 2900 mAh) I only really care about the board use too :slight_smile:

Possibly another option is that harbor freight sells a copper washer kit that comes with various size flat washers. I am not sure of their diameters and such though.

Here’s the link: Harbor freight copper washers
The kit may come in handy for other mods as well.