Skyray King with 6-XM-Ls ! ?

I sent a message asking about pricing without the chargers or batteries.

EDIT; seller wants $62 shipped without chargers or batteries. Ha! No thanks.

Im tempted to pulling the trigger on this one, (since i already have every variant of past SRKs, 3 & 4 emitters, warm and cool white, etc. just to compare this one with the others.

with some negotiations I just found one with the batteries, charger, in Black anodized, for 55 buckes shipped. i think im going to order it to add to my SRK collection, and do a comparo to my other SRKs.

What if… three seperate drivers were used for each emitter, ( these 3.04amp 105C’s in particular >> http://intl-outdoor.com/qlite-reva-71358-multiple-modes-circuit-board-304a-p-710.html )
either on the same single switch, (with the drivers set to the same mode sequence) woudl that increase the amperage to each emitter, while addign better modes, ( the 4-mode setting with moon light)
or even a complete mod using two seperate clickie/on/off switches added so two emillters can be controlled seperately to add even more mode options.
I might experiment with one of my SRKs trying this.

old lumens has done a master/slave nanjg mod using Dr jones electronic switch software (lupodrv?)

so yes that’s possible and you’d have about 1.4a/ emitter if you didn’t add any more chips, it still wont deal with the heat issue.

you could also use an ld35 driver if I get it figured out, in a series/parallel emitter arrangement but I’ll get back to you on that one.

I have one of theese new 6-emitter Kings on the way. will do beamshots comparing it to both the stock SRK 4-emitter and 3-emitter lights i have.

nice ill be waiting…hopefully itll be nice so i can get one too

once i recieve it, i will do full beamshots, tail-cap amp readings, temperature readings after 10 mins run time comparisons, etc. and post it here or a new topic.

I can't wait to know how it compares.

As soon as i recieve it :slight_smile: i hope there is not any shipping problems as i ordered it with the 4 cells.

It arrived today ! :bigsmile:
The cells were low, so i have them charging now. there are some good things and bad things about this 6-emitter SRK.
I will post a new topic later tonight with photos, and first impressions of this light along with my other SRK lights.

Thanks!

Cool DenBarrettSAR. Looking forward to hearing about it.

mini-review/Comparo is posted :slight_smile: >> SkyRay 6-XM-L - Battle Of The Kings - BeamShot Image updates!

Lightmalls is the first vendor I've seen carrying this.

http://www.lightmalls.com/new-arrival-sky-ray-king-6xcree-xm-l-t6-4500lm-3-modes-led-flashlight-4x18650-black-color

$47.24

Just to let people know there is a guy on e-bay auctioning a bunch of these off and they are going cheap. I picked one up for $34. He has good feedback and sells tons of flashlights. It’s also shipped as an e-packet and those get here pretty quick.

Mine will get modded of course but I hear they are pretty nice the way they are.

And who would that be?

are you sure? The lowest I’m seeing is $35 + $10 ship from 16 days ago.

I know a guy that knows a guy that might be able to get you a good deal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SKYRAY-8500-Lumens-6x-CREE-XM-L-XML-T6-LED-Flashlight-Torch-4x-18650-Light-M6-/271292211200?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item3f2a46a000