Skyray King's baby Brothers:

Finally, they finished calculating postage, I was able to make second payment. here is what’s listed on Mr. Tao:

Product Price: $35.20
Domestic Shipping: $1.6
International Shipping: $5.32
Commission: $2.11
Total: $44.2300

However, this is not the actual amount i paid. my 1st time paypal transfer received 10% match from Mr Tao. also, they charge paypal fee with each money transfer. In the end, I paid total of $42 for this light.

Second time buyers, w/o the 10% bonus would need to pay about $46 for this light.

Ridiculously expensive for a budget AA light. Anything above $30 is hard to justify, let alone $46. They really are cashing in on the Skyray King’s success.

11 days after the order. Finally, Mr. Tao shipped my Queen :slight_smile:
Let’s see how long does it take to get here.

I am planning to install a Nichia 219 instead, it’ll throw light the XPG but with Hi CRI in a neutral tint,
currently my fav. led.

Any word on these lights?? Some reviews would be helpful.

As soon as the IS is calibrated, I will post one up.

Finally, the Queen arrived.

Flashlights of the middle earth L-To-R: Mag Zero D 3x Nichia 219; Queen XML; Mag 1/2 D XML

All 3 Lights runs on 3x123 format, except Queen is 3P & doesn’t use battery carrier.

The Queen is real cute, feels OK in the hand a bit awkward as it’s almost too short for side switch,
it’s easier to use tail switch when the light is this short.

The beam is not bad but the hot spot is slight donut, not queen’s fault, just the natual result
with nigh die in a small SMO. That’s why I am using OP for the Mag 1/2 D, it’ll give donut as well with a SMO.
I am picky, I want a perfect beam on white wall, this is not possible with Queen unless OP reflector is an option.

It’s pretty bright, similar to the Mag 1/2D XML.
One last thing, the LED star is not glued down & there’s no thermo paste applied.
So I applied some thermo paste under the star, no biggie, just something to watch out with budget lights.

Very cool flashlight.

Everybody on this board is killin' me. It's always, just one more . . . I commit to not buying anything for a while and then somebody puts up something like this . . . I'm feeling actual fear for when my wife sees how flocking scary the Paypal nightmare is. My neck muscles are tensing - maybe if I move to Aruba.

Do they have an extradition treaty with the United States?

newpassportFoy

The key is not to hold on every light you buy, let em come & go.

have to have the queen, it took several wks to get it in my hands but I don’t need another 123 light,
not enough batteries to feed all three. So I am selling the queen for $45, what I pad +$3 shipping to get to your hand quick

PM me if anyone wants it. Otherwise, I’ll be putting it up for sale on CPF

Seen in Hong Kong shop about 10 days ago with identical price tag US$50.00 (cells are cheap here and might be included for old customers).

Mag Zero D. Is there a story on that flashlight?

Here the build thread is.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?338730-Mag-Zero-D-Photon-Grenade-Triple-Nichia-219-Hi-CRI-Tiny-Monster-Mag

Thanks scaru. ma-sha1, that is an orsm little flashlight. Well done.

Thanks!

Folks, some news from those, who bought Rook???

Im in search for decent 3/4AA light and Im reading all the threads like a mad man :D!

Fandyfire version for $40.90

Fandyfire version for $41

Been eyeing those fandy versions on DX. Strange the difference in modes. I would like a Rook with a medium level.

Price still needs to come down a little for me to bite. Nice lights though!