Skyray Kung M4 ( 4 XM-L emitters !

Looks tempting cat eyes but looks like possibly slow delivery to USA.

Shipping:
FREE Economy Shipping from outside US | See details
See details about international shipping here.

Item location:
Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Ships to:
Worldwide See exclusions
Delivery:
Estimated between Tue. Jul. 23 and Thu. Aug. 8
Please note the delivery estimate is greater than 11 business days.

Nice link and yeah it was surprising to me too when I first heard it. If you know nothing about the topic, you’d assume no effect, or if anything a slight worse cooling for the black color due to black absorbing light energy not reflecting light like polished. I also always thought that asphalt radiated so much heat because it was black and absorbed more light energy, however, it makes you wonder if the increased heat you feel over sun-baked asphalt compared to white/grey concrete is more due to radiating properties.

I got excited again :D
rabbitword88 ship with SG post and just arrived today.

the finishing is superb. can't find any minor chip or knick. smooth black matte kung.
no rattling switch.
the driver contact board is dirty though.
the thread with double o-ring is lubed . feel nice.
the bezel is light, I guess it is not SS.
the individual reflector is quite deep. I like that.

the flaw is insulator gasket under the reflector is not tidy. one of it is bigger than the rest and rather pop out. the emitter placement also not in symmetrical way.

with only 2 sanyo 2600 protected, bammmm, it is a flashlight beast. never seen light so bright before :D
try to measure.

measured with single PN3100 4.16v and lousy electrical cable as probe reads 2.4A only.
that DMM and probes read 3.6A of modded ZYT08 with 12×7135 driver (380 mA chip). so it is way under driven. however, the bare end of probe is giving instant heat and shock to my finger when measuring. never feel that before. and this light also need the switch to be clicked once to turn it on for measuring.

am I doing poor measuring method?

the lens is clear and thick. GITD o-ring is very thick.

how to remove the reflector?
try to shake but it won't come off.

to see the driver, do I just need to pry the edge of contact board up?

guess now I need to buy another 4 sanyo 2600 for forever runtime :D

edit: it has lock out capability. just untwist the body by couple degree to make it untouch with negative trace of the board.

Nice! I noticed that seller also has a really nice looking grey color version. I wonder if it has the same internals?

I’ll be happy to share the picture if someone can teach me how to open it without damage :slight_smile:
tried to pry it up. no luck. apparently it sits real tight and firm.

edit: the average bidding price seem to below $35 now…

If it is like the King, you remove the switch cover, pull the switch out enough to get a long narrow screwdriver in there. Then you carefully lever toward the driver, hoping you are not pushing on top of a critical delicate component. That’s what I did with my King, anyway.
Edit: DenBarrett’s Kung driver just popped out with a slight bump of the head on the palm of his hand.

hmmm, I can't find any notch or hole to remove the switch cover.

I should remove the outter red one or the silver in the middle?

try to twist the board with tweezer, end up bending the tweezer, haha...

edit: using screwdriver with a little courage, can lever it out from the notch on the contact board :D

looks identical to DenBarret's.

so we can say at least 2 version of driver in market, one like this and another with single toroid.

Watch out with that “feature”. I thought I had it off that way too a while ago, but in my bag it still turned on and melted half of a charger.

I deliberately test mine and it can’t turned on. a 2 seconds hold switch like in fandyfire will be great to avoid accidental turned on. luckily the button is little bit recess than the surrounding.

how durable is electronic switch?
I find this kind of switch a little bit fragile on other electronic device especially camera.

the driver was the easiest one i have ever removed was from this Kung M4.

@don.gwapo, your M4 “King” looks different. the bezel is flat and also the contact board is different.
any better than M4 “Kung” one?

I find my bezel is sharp at edge, scratched and bled my palm little bit while removing it for first time.

What about this:

http://www.lights-box.com/high-brightness-sky-ray-king-4u2-4-cree-xm-l-u2-led-flashlight-4-18650-black-3-mode-4500-lumen

U2 and is labeled King for those afraid of kung.

Can’t get that link to work…

A question, for all sky ray models:

When you screw and unscrew the the batteries, they erode the place were they make contact to transfer electricity. Is there any thing i must to to take care of the connections?

Hi Itcdata. I guess you could solder/reflow thin copper sheet over the contact pads of the driver.