SkyRC MC3000 discussion thread - Now available via PRE-ORDER/INTRODUCTORY PRICE only for $89.95, + free SK68, @ GB

Thanks, is this implemented with PWM (3A pulses for charging) or is there a linear regulation?

I have read somewhere in this thread, here it has linear regulation.

It doesn’t have to be 18650, but should get to between 2.7V and 4.2V for the charger to recognize it as a LiIon cell.

KuoH

I don’t think so. They made no mention of protection circuitry and I’ve not read of any reset method using such high voltages or a 10 second wait. This is no different than reviving a dead NiMH, which is to force enough of a charge back into the cell so it registers the correct voltage range for the charger to recognize it and take over.

KuoH

Umm sorry tatasal for hijacking the thread! The batt has no protection circuit… If this charger is capable of reviving DEAD batteries that would be AWESOME!!

If the damage is done, nothing can repair dead li-ion. The damage is physical. It is similar to punching your battery with a nail except in micro portion, internally.

But sometimes you can get lucky, of course. But no need for specific function in charger, any low current can bring back dead li-ions to charging range.

Thanks again, at least on paper I see no weak points at the moment, beside of being a separate cell (no packs) only charger - I wish it would have a charge terminal to test/charge at least 2 cell battery packs (e.g. from a camera).

Actually, I wouldn’t buy such an expensive charger to rescue crap cells, better buy new quality cells for the money …just my 2ct. :wink:

It wouldn’t be the sole purpose of getting a charger like this one, but it wouldn’t be bad as a side bonus. Also, just because you have a cell that either through accident or neglect got discharged to below recommended minimums doesn’t make it crap immediately. It may not be ideal for use in high current multi cell lights, but might still work well enough for any number of single cell low current lights that many of us probably have laying around. I’ve got several in various tool drawers in the garage that are just bright enough at less than an amp and I don’t mind getting them dirty or greasy. I don’t know about you, but I’d rather not waste my high dollar high capacity/current cells in those lights.

KuoH

It’s a Panny PF btw mmmm I guess I’ll have to get rid of it then :frowning: it was first use :’(

I see your point, but my main concern especially with unprotected lithium cells is security. The possibility to easier find aged/damaged cells would be my main reason (or call it excuse :slight_smile: ) to shell out more money for an analytic charger like the MC3000.

Is that a protected cell or unprotected?

Unprotected

Pre-order has started.

http://www.gearbest.com/chargers/pp_260894.html

Yes…actually it’s a pre-order sale, not a pre-sale.

Is there a MAP for SkyRC products?

AFAIK, there will be, after this introductory price offering is over. No coupons, codes or whatever now. Just a pre-order for a limited time, or until November 30, as posted in their website.

:frowning: $95 that is lower than i though…….now i really regret just ordering the opus.
Especially after it sound like you can set it up with my dream feature, adjustable charging voltage.

That means if it works we can set it up to charge to 4.25v for max performance on good quality high drain cells for max amp and lose some cycles, or 4.15v or lower and gain some cycles.

It can do that? Hmm, gorgeous, but dont be sorry, it would last for only 20 seconds :slight_smile: For racing/max candelas/lumens tasks yes but cinda useless rl feature

Well, it would be under 90$ for Xmass i am sure, even less, its a common trade practise so dont regret much, february price would be even lower…they all want to take your money asap you know :slight_smile:

Presale Price: $95.95

available also from hkequipment if you prefer a non-china based shop…
(link is in my deals thread…)

my info is the price will be raised to 119.95 after that offer.