Small Compact thrower (pocket size) 18650

Astrolux EA 01 is getting more and more attention with it’s TIR as a mid thrower.

Noctigon KR1 with CSLPM1.TG is an impressive thrower for its size, thet’s where my vote goes.

not pocket size

Not jacket size pocket? 116 x 41

Noctigon KR1 gets my vote.

Although I can only see the copper version on Hanks site at the moment, so they might be out of stock.

Choice of 4 different LEDs:

• W1 (Osram CSLNM1.TG): 900lm, Lux : 110Kcd (110,000cd)
  • W2 (Osram CSLPM1.TG): 1300lm, Lux: 100Kcd (100,000cd)
  • XP-L HI 6500K/5000K/4000K: 1300lm, Lux: 45Kcd (45,000cd)
  • SST-40 5000K/6500K: 2200lm, Lux: 29Kcd (29,000cd)

I have the W2 which IMO is the sweet spot as it has good lumen output and only marginally less throw than the W1. The XPL HI is ok, but IMO looking out of date in this company with a lot less throw.

Maybe you can consider the new Fireflies T1R. It has a new high efficiency driver and look like it will be quite compact, with bonus high power usb C charging.

Also to add, the Astrolux EA01 is very nice. A bit chunkier as it has a 26650 battery tube (with adaptors for 21700/18650). The SST-40 version is claimed at 98,000cd and you can get it in a nice tint too.

[video: Astrolux EA01 - SST 40/XHP50 2 - Awesome little semi thrower! - YouTube]

I think there might be a code for the EA01 still if you check the Group Buy thread.

video is of the EA01

Thanks, I meant EA01… updated my post. :slight_smile:

:+1:
There are so many Astrolux lights coming out it is hard to keep track of them all. Does anyone know of a picture of the different models all side by side for comparison?

Well, even an L6 is pocketable, if you’re wearing Hammer pants…

It looks nice but it’s actually 2mm wider than Noctigon, uses slightly lesser emitter so that “high efficiency driver” has to push more amps to achieve still lower brightness (while overdriving the emitter because it tops out at about 5,5A). I think it would be a killer with CSLPM1.TG instead of CULNM1.TG.

My vote is for the KR1 as well. I really like my aluminum version. And, Hank has added to the availability of LEDs.

Convoy S21B, M1 or M21B with Osram emitters (also C8+ if that is still compact enough for you). I prefer the simpler UI for a thrower personally, and they’re so cheap so can buy several lights and pick which one you like best.

Is there a light that fits the following parameters: relatively compact, single Li-ion, 100K - 200Kcd, 3000lm or above?

Why high lumens and high cd?

I don’t what the hotspot to be too small, but then it would require higher lumen to achieve the same cd. 3000 lumen seems reasonable for a single LED and Li-ion.

Essentially what I had in mind is a XHP50.2/SST40 compact thrower, like the GT Mini Pro. But GT Mini Pro somehow has only got 50kcd, I think the orange peel reflector is to be blamed. But maybe that is just the limitation of larger sized LED in small reflector. Maybe there is some TIR lens that can do the job.

Depending on how small you wanted the host to be, you may need to get a modded version of a light from someone like Vinh at skylumen. I’m thinking he does the KR1 with an sbt90 that checks your boxes. Or you could look at the Lumintop X9L. The hardest thing to find in your parameters is wel, all of those combined. There are plenty over 100cd but not over 3000lm, basically you would need a host big enough to push an xhp over 600m in throw, or an sbt90 in a small host.

Amutorch XT45 SBT90.2 of Lumintop FW1A (or XL dunno exactly how they call it) with SBT90.2

But probably a KR1 with W2 will amaze you.

That’s exactly the limitation. Small reflector will never focus a large chip. Small chip - small reflector, big chip - big reflector. You need a VERY big chip to get 3000 lumens which you will never be able to focus in a small reflector. Or cool down in a compact flashlight.