Small head 18650 thrower for rifle mounting

Hi guys, long time lurker but first time posting as I’m a bit lost on what to get here

Basically I’m after a thrower to mount on a rifle, however due to mounting limitations the head can be no bigger than 50mm in diameter.

Ideally I’m after a single 18650 light as a double 18650 light would be too long and I have plenty of Panasonc 3100mAh 18650’s to use.

The ones I’ve been able to come up with so far are

Solarforce M3 or possibly M8
Crelant 7G6CS
Lumintop Hunter T5

I think I’d prefer XM-L over XR-E / XP-G for that bit more usable spill it gives but am still more than open to them. Hoping to spend no more than $50 and prefer something without ???fire in the name as it’s going on a centrefire and will need to deal with a bit of kick :smiley:

Andy more suggestions? Thanks!

The M3 with a potted pill might be good.

I think I will be using an XP-G2 in a Solarforce L2………

The uf-t20 is an excellent light for gun mounted use. Although it does have ” fire” in the name , it is a quality light in modified form. It has an adjustable beam which can easily adjust to your shooting needs. It also performs very well with red and green and white xp-e/ xpe2 emitters. 44.5 mm head and with red xpe on copper sinkpads can throw 22-24 Kcd. The whites throw farther. IMHO you will not find a better light in a smaller package.

Well I have a Solarforce L2M with M3 head on it’s way for my .22 as i was sure it’d have enough throw for that. So I can see how it goes soon enough, however I’m not sure what a potted pill means?

The T20 looks interesting, don’t really need red or green LED’s however not so keen on the CR123 lights

potted means filling the pill where the pcb and wires are with a compound that will keep everything in place and shock proof it.

Uniquefire uft20 takes a single 18650.

Can’t go wrong with solarforce. Great lights.

Ahh that’s why, was looking at ultrafire TF20

Yeah Think the solarforce will be enough throw for the .22 easy but looking for something with a bit more throw for the bigger rifle

Any thoughts on which would throw further out of the Solarforce and the Crelant?

Well I now have friends and family in law enforcement on their own personal home defense weapons they seem to be really happy with xml-lu3 and xml2-U2 Tthey have more than enough throw and spill for anything they are likely to come across with .
they are mounted on either AR/10 or a AR/15 if that makes a difference

Thanks, ended up grabbing the Crelant 7G6CS considering I already have the Solarforce M3 on the way.

Will do a comparison and use the longer thrower on the bigger rifle. Will update with my results!

Welcome gavrook!

Let us know how it works out for you.

Thanks! Will definitely share my results once they arrive :slight_smile:

In the meantime i’m still open to alternative suggestions, can never have enough lights haha

If you don’t mind me asking what would the purpose of the rifle be hunting,defense,competition,other?

The lights should throw in order from best M8-57mm bezel,t5-55 cm, 7g6cs-48mm, m3-45mm. These are bezel diameters from manufacturers specs. IDK reflector diameter on these lights. Bigger reflector= more throw.

Brinyte UF900 AKA Ultrafire UF900 are sold as the KillLight XLR250 by an American company that lightly mods them and marks up heavily. It is about 184 x 49mm. Supposedly throws about 300 yd. Check that one out.

The Brinyte BR01 is a good mini-C8 sized light that comes in red & green if you need a handheld with either of those colors. Got one from DX for my Dad to hunt with and I was pretty impressed with it, for what it is and the cost. Not really a gunmount thrower though.

The Jacob A60 head is about 55mm, but it is super cheap and throws a pencil beam like a boss. Worth a buy for giggles is you ask me.

I think I would take a serious look at Shiningbeam’s Pocket Rockets. Also, their Romisen RC T-602 is one bad ass throw light with fairly good spill. Those would be my first choices. An added bonus is the customer service is second to none. Brian is great to work with.

I don’t own either, but from what I gave read I think the UF900 out-throws the Romi 602. What kinda distance/lux are you getting with the 602?

I don’t do lux readings. I bought a Jetbeam BC40 intending to use it as my rifle light on my pet AR 15. I bought a Romisen RC 601 and was thrilled to find that it out throws my BC40 even though it uses only 1 battery. I didn’t mount it on my rifle because of the way the tail end of the 601 is shaped. I don’t have a 602 but the shape is more user friendly for rifle mounting. Maybe I’m assuming wrong that the 602 will throw as well as my 601.

I don’t take readings either… Figured I would ask.

Think you are correct in assuming the 601 & 602 has similar throw. That seems to be what people say online anyways. Curious how either compare to that UF900. The XLR250 version of the UF900 has a very strong following of non-light-enthusiasts.

My only throwers are my Jacob A60 & my XinTD C8 V3. Also have a cheap ebay XR-E UF C8 that throws moderately well too. The A60 can put a small dot out to much farther distances than either C8 can reach… but it is a pencil beam that is not terribly useful.

Think I am going to grab a Crelant 7G6CS soonish. Really like the look and feel of their lights.

an xp-g2 in a 50mm reflector will give extremely good throw. How much do you actually need? if you need extreme throw, I would be looking at an aspheric build rather than a reflector, I do however, hate aspherics myself.

good point gords. that UF-T20 is supposed to be a kickass aspheric, if the OP is into that kinda thing…