Small head 18650 thrower for rifle mounting

Can’t say i’ve had an aspheric, read they’re a love or hate kinda thing?

Had a recoil thrower which was ok but the lack of spill wasn’t overly useful

but the uf-t20 has a ugly beam when zoomed. its squareshaped.

Many apsherics have squareish beams. All have zero spill. Purely a tight spot only. This is why some hate them.

the zoomed aspheric shows the die shape, find a round die, I may change my opinion but I find a good reflector more usable myself, as I say, an xp-g2 with a 1 mode driver would be my choice, or mount on copper and direct drive off one cell in a uf-v3, not that I’ve given it any thought… :bigsmile:

Have you got a soldering iron?

If not, buy one from supercheap for around $10.

How far are you shooting? Do you use a spotlight too?

Sounds like you need a c8 with either de domed xpg2 or xml2.

I can shoot mine as far as I can in the day time on my .22

Chris

It’s more than $50 and I don’t know how it would handle shock but the EagleTac TX25C2 with XM-L2 U2 has a head diameter of 31.5mm and excellent throw:

How many lux is that?

My c8’s cost me less than $30 and very close to breaking the 100k lux mark = throw of 632m

Chris

Care to share more about your C8? That is crazy high lux! How did you achieve that?

Sinkpad, xpg2, de dome, ar glass, 2.8 amps, xpg reflector.

Boom!

I haven’t perfected it quite yet but I’m confident I can get 120ish

Chris

ace! xp-g2 really is the new xr-e r2, I’d definitely pick xp-g2 over xm-l/l2 if I wanted a thrower.

At 3a on an alu star (yeah, I know, I’ve just not got any sink pads yet) my 3d xp-g2 blows all my xm-l throwers clean out of the water and gives the same usable spill as an xm-l based light, just with a nice tint to boot.

If someone just wants a good thrower, buy a convoy l2 from fasttech and swap the xm-l for an xp-g2 on 20mm star, boom, instant top class thrower and it’ll likely run best in shorty configuration on an alu star.

My alloy star xpg2 de domed at 3 amps is about 75k lux, they rock!

Chris

is that in a c8? thats a damm impressive number in a 40mm reflector, the l2 is a 60mm reflector, and a pretty good one at that, I’ve no lux meter but as I say, its easily beating a fandyfire stl-v6 and a 3a zy-t08, both respectable throwers in their own right, I cant wait to sinkpad it and up the amps, I’m only pushing 3a at the moment and I get nervous at that, on a sinkpad, I’d like to get between 4 and 5 amp, although I’m getting tempted to just machine a copper post and make it a press fit in the head tbh.

Yep c8s are like the Remington 700 of the light world.

I have an xre running dd over 4 amps at 90k too, don’t worry bout too many amps :slight_smile:

Chris

Ended up getting the 7G6CS U3 for the .22 and the 7G5CS U3 for the .243.

Got the Solarforce M3 on an L2M but throw isn’t what i expected, not bad and certainly usable, but i’d like more. I managed to find lux readings on a translated german review and it was only around 17k, compared to around double that on the 7G6, so I’ve since sold the solarforce to a mate.

Now the last hurdle is how to scope-mount the 7G5 with or’s large head :smiley:

That is a big ass light for a rifle

Possibly, seen a few people with Olight M3x’s and Sky Ray STL V2’s mounted so it’s not too out of the ordinary, it’ll on a decent size gun too. For example http://imgur.com/aLMGi5U

However if it’s too big (hasn’t arrived yet) i’ll probably grab another 7G6 if it throw’s as good as i think it will. Reviews seemed to suggest it threw almost as well as the older model 7G5!

Shite sorry I meant over 3 amps.

3.37 amps on a rested trustfire flame

Chris

And you nail rabbits between the eyes from 632m at night with it mounted on your .22, right? :slight_smile:

I wish - best first round hit 466y haha

:slight_smile:

Chris

I’ve had Crelant 7g6 mounted on the rifle and you can spot the eyes at over 100 meters within 90 degrees, thanks too the spill. I’ts not that brite with 18650 battery, the best with two 16340.
You should consider Supbeam l25 also.