Small Sun A629 Now Back in Stock at DX...

Because of its mode memory, nice size, and great throwy output (312 lumens otf with XR-E, so it has been said), I jumped on this little torch…

http://www.dx.com/p/smallsun-zy-a629-cree-xr-e-q5-350lm-4-mode-white-light-flashlight-black-1-x-18650-154139#.U6kzhkAmamE

Review here: Review: Small Sun ZY-A629

For extra shipping, it is available in the US warehouse.

DX does not have a US warehouse.

From the DX FAQ:

About US Direct

Q: What’s the difference between US DIRECT and DX.COM?

A: US Direct is a customized site which made for DX US customers and we aimed to offering better service as below:

• Free Express Delivery by courier, ships will arrive in 6-9 business days
  • Free On Time Tracking from China to USA
  • Exclusive SCM team in china for US Direct
  • Exclusive Customer Service team for US Direct
  • Exclusive Product Management for US Direct
  • Multi channels to collect US customer's service requirements and products request

If you want to know more please click usd.dx.com

Q: Do you have warehouse in USA?

A: There is no US Warehouse, we send US Direct goods from world factory to USA, and have cooperation with INTERNATIONAL BRIDGE to make faster delivery.

I see.

Ordered one…thanks

Looks like a XP-G2 upgrade and thicker wires might pick it up a bit…any pics of the driver and/or resistor modded?

Here is a link to a thread about upgrading the emitter.
Looks like the driver is in the tailswich assembly.
In this thread, there is an explanation for the little resistor across the LED that you can see in the first thread.

Got it in…man the stock XR-E is all ringy and holy smokes ugly as a mud fence!

I really like the XM-L upgrade with the OP reflector, but not sure if I want to just go ahead and throw in a XP-G2 on 16mm copper star…

The UI is very very interesting, I really like it, unfortunately the SOS flashies don’t make SOS…unless it’s Chinglish SOS

Checked the current, on high it uses approx 800~mA, really not good enough to push a XM-L to it’s full potential.

I’m still waiting for mine.