Smallest aluminum Twistie Ever.

It’s direct drive. (Has no driver or resistor. ) it really don’t need one because the LR41 cells don’t put out a lot of amps to burn the LED.

They would probably ligth an XP-E, but an XP-G or bigger may be to much for them.

Yes, just not at much current. Somewhere between moon and low on any other light.

If you feel up to dealing with it, I’d like to discuss getting a small batch of these down here in the US to resell to members here at cost. Check your PM’s

Phil

These were sold out sadly shortly after i found them, and kept my eyes open for more since with no luck.

Tiny!

Reminded me of the Quantum D2: Veleno Designs Quantum D2 (Polished SS)

Then of found this link on the DQC Spy: DQG Spy 10180 titanium first impressions [picture heavy]

But thank you sincerely for trying :bigsmile: Maybe they will turn up somewhere again.

I have to admit that I’m a sucker for tiny lights- only my limited budget saves me from buying every darn one made, good or not.

Phil

What are the dimensions of this little guy?

I wonder how the Pelican 1810 compares at 38mm in length? It uses the smaller LR41 cell so may be slightly narrower.

This one here is roughly 30 mm long, with the body at just 11mm using the LR41 cells.

Wow, that’s even smaller than i was expecting.

For some reason I had read every reference to LR41 on the previous page as LR44 :Sp I’m going to blame the cold medication.

That really is small. The Cooyoo mini light I got is 43mm x 12.8mm, and it already seems tiny.

I wish a Lithium primary cell was availiable that is the size of 3 stacked LR41 cells, as the LR41 cells are Alkaline and have a very short storage/shelf life even when not used.

I know very little about cells but think SR would be the way to go.

If you used the light a LOT, I wonder if ZA cells would be worth experimenting with if you could get adequate air flow?
The ZA312 is the same size as a LR41 but with 5 times the capacity, and the larger ZA13 at 7.9x5.4mm is almost ten times the capacity of the LR41. Although I’ve read that once activated the ZA only last a few weeks once activated.

If I can find one cheap enough, I think the Spotlight Speck is going to be the closest to this light that I will find.

Do you have duct tape ?

Could duct tape a MT-G to the top. :bigsmile:

In the quest of finding the perfect cells for my Streamlight Nano, I tried some ZA’s from the Rat-Shack. They were initially better than the alki’s but when I needed it one night a couple weeks later and found them stone-dead without warning that was all I needed to know. SR41’s are better but their price outweighs the performance gains. Back to alki’s in this one for me.

Anyone care to start making a “08140” LIon cell (or smaller) to take these tiny lights more into the EDC catagory?

Phil

^ +1

Thanks for the info on the ZA’s.

I don’t have my calipers to measure, but would a 10180 cell fit and run it? I am sure you already tried and I see where someone else linked the Quantum D2 already. I was just wondering.

The 10180 is to wide. (i don’t think there is enough metal thickness in the small body to drill out to fit a 10180 as this light is not much more than 10mm outside diameter. length wise it would be ok. ( i don’t have a 10180 to take a photo of beside it.