Sneak Preview: XinTD X3 (XM-L2 | 3xAA / 1x26650 / 1x18650)

Waiting for full review :D!

Which one will be better with AA NiMh’s - D40A, EA4 or X3?

I would bet the D40A, it depends on exactly what you mean by ‘better’ though of course.

Ouput+regulation+runtimes on AA.
How much lumens and for how long it can sustain maximal output before it starts to decline.

Does it fit my protected 18650 2400mah trustfire???
I think that battery length is about 6.8…

where to buy?

http://intl-outdoor.com/xintd-x3-xml2-3aa-flashlight-p-739.html?zenid=fn4op0poakq696m11c7btdd2j6

Thanks Hank, I'll take you up on this offer.

i finally broke down and ordered one, the $5 king kong is a must buy - you wont find a better price on a good 26650 like this

i dont think you will regret it :)

what modes and tint did order? i got to get a lux reading from mine tonight

Anyone have outdoor beamshots yet??

should i get this or the NC ea8? goddamn it

Avoid Nitecore. Their QC sucks. I retuned my EA4 twice because of design and QC issues. Luckily the seller was willing to give me store credit after the second time I returned it. That said, I'm thrilled my new XinTD X3. I think it's a fantastic light, especially for the money

i went for the cool white actually - i already have a nice xml t4 in one of my c8s so this is a max output light … 4 modes of course :slight_smile:

Oh boy, got mine, looked it over quick. With the warm white emitter, really like the looks of the beam - no yellow at all, but on a KK ICR 4200 at 4.14v, I measured 3.05A and 694 lumens @start, 666 @30 secs (yes - 666, yikes!). Since the emitter is on an alum star, my plan was to replace the emitter/star anyway and up the amps to 3.5-4.0, so not sure yet what tint I'll go with. Not sure why my measurements are so much lower than _the_'s - he got 832 @30 secs at same amps reading. Could be my PVC lightbox/meter setup, or could be I got a dud LED/reflector, etc.... Hhmm - my lightbox has proven accurate in the past on a few known OTF lights, so not sure what's going on there.

The quality is, I feel, outstanding for the host - agree with all of _the_'s pros he listed -- this is a very good quality light. I'm really not a fan of the internals for mod'ing though:

• The alum star is screwed down by star screws - I don't have a screw driver that fits those I that small size right now
  • the head doesn't seem to unscrew, so you have to work down the depth of the reflector on the star -- uggghhh
  • the star is epoxied down, even though it's screwed down?? Disaster to remove that when working vertically downwards
  • the QLite driver is sandwiched with a 21mm contact board, complicating the driver mod'ing, though the wires do look like a nice heavy gauge
  • the reflector appears to be undersize for the lens and lens gasket - it seems like it should be wider and is unfortunately narrower than what it could be. Of course I would want the biggest reflector that can possibly fit in there - bigger reflector, more lumens, more throw in general. It's bigger than a C8 reflector but not by a whole lot.
  • the battery tube? Well, weird, just plain weird size in width. My preference is a unprotected 26650 but way too much width in there for a 26650. Should definitely have come with a 26650 sleeve. It works, but I've never seen a light with that much play around the battery, specially considering Hank is offering it with a KK cell at a great discount. Guys are already posting fixes for this, so it can be done but shouldn't be necessary.

This light needs a V2 round of improvements, but is still well worth the price for what it is. The quality and overall design has a lot of similarities to the BLF A8 (TrustFire A8) which I'm a big fan of, but also suffers from an undersized reflector.

to me it seems the whole light was designed around using 3xAA and the 26650 was just an added bonus. it would be nice if a 26650 specific tube could be offered as an accessory at a later date. a sleeve would work too, some may prefer that actually

I did not notice the emitter was glued down, which is another major bummer. with it held down by screws it should have just had some thermal paste. it will be a PITA to do an emitter swap.

Tom E, your setup has been proven well on other lights and we seem to match up on similar mods.
Three Amps into a XM-L2 T3 is estimated around 820 lumens. Your numbers sound more realistic, considering reflector/lens losses and meter sensitivity is a little reduced in the WW range.

Weird - mine match's the photo _the_ has showing the screw heads. I saw white stuff squeezed out in gaps around the star and poked at them with a pic, and sure enough, it felt pretty hard. To me, it had the stiffness of Arctic epoxy and not like the softer fujik type of stuff. Also, you can clearly see they drilled the holes in the pill (4 holes - 2 for wires, 2 for screws) from the driver side because the drill bit cut right through the threads for the brass retaining ring - this left some loose aluminum hanging off those threads as well.

dang. maybe i do need to take this apart to clean it all out...

mine does not have the wire on the spring either. it has the star screwed down.

Interesting... Glad to hear that. It does look less bright than my EDC's I've tested at 750-800. Wow though -- never even saw a warm white 80+ CRI LED output before and I'm amazed! Really expected the yellow I see on 3C's but this tint is totally different, more like a tan type of color, but subtle. If I do pull this emitter and go for a U2, I'll definitely re-use this emitter in something...