So, after all experiances which triple xml are you suggesting?

trustfire tr3t6

Two skyrays (3800, 818), two total fails.

Buyer beware.

My Skyray 850 is still going strong after a few hours worth of use.

I might also add that my Skyray 3800 drop in version is still going strong.

My Skyray version 0.1 is still going strong and my DRY just got here and seams to be an even match for it in the brightness department.

What version of the DRY do you have? (still waiting for my replacement battery carrier)

I'm waiting (and saving) for this one

If its <$200 USD, I'm in...

EDIT: Never mind, the pre-order link just got posted on battery junction tonight. MSRP $280, pre-order for $260. Looks like I'll wait on this one - maybe a DRY??

I have Dry Turbo mode on the way. That Nitecore look awesome but the Dry will do for my budget.

Yes trustfire TR3 T6 all the way!!!

Skyray is bullshit!!!

Too bad, the skyray's are brighter, but I'd rather have a more reliable light than something that can blow at any moment..

What dry do you have now and what are your experiences? I'm waiting for my replacement carrier, couldn't test my NW 4-mode yet. If it works ok, i'll order turbodriver too.

TrustFire TR-3T6 Triple XM-L T6 if you want long run times with a good driver thats relible with the option of running 2 or 3 18650 batteries and easy to find replacment parts

the sky ray if you want some thing a little brighter that can only be used for short runs, very hard to find replacment parts.

the dry if you want the same as the sky ray but im not sure on parts yet but you have to run them only one 3 x 18650,s from what ive read.

thats what ive come up with after days and day on the net and forums reading up on the main tripple xm-l lights, for relibilty and long run time i would sugest the TR-3T6 but thats just my opinion.

Can any of these support a single 18650?

I want to make it as short as possible but run it on medium for hopefully about 60-90 minutes.

Anyone want to make any guesses on lumen output at the different modes from the Trustfire?

None of these can do 1 x 18650, but the Trustfire can and those Sky Rays with a break in the extension tubes in the middle can do 2 x 18500. You can get 2 x 18500 cells, no issue. <- You can run on high/medium/low.

Trustfire TF-3T6, 1300 lumens OTF, 550 lumens OTF and 120 lumens OTF. (Out the front) If you want lumens from the emitter then times 1.2 thereabouts.

The "DRY" triple is shorter than the Trustfire 3T6 in shorty mode by about 2 inches. It uses 3 x 18650, but if you feed it with just 2 x 18650 (use a dummy connector like bunched/rolled up aluminum foil) it would start off as about 100 lumens, but then as it slowly discharges for about 10hrs it would be about 30 lumens in the highest mode (a few lumens in low), it probably would give off light for three months this way in the lowest mode but perhaps not very useful. Turbo still works and maybe it's like 1 week? The cell won't be spoiled because it is still above 3.0V.

your going to need atlest 2 x 18650,s for that kind of run time with 3 x XM-l,s

i rate the lumen out put (OTF) higher then 2100 due to the driver being buck + bost and the led,s being wired in series.

Actually the Trustfire TR-3T6 runs fine on a single 18650 with no extensions. You will need a 25-30mm battery spacer/dummy. I made mine from a section of 3/4" aluminum round bar. Just make sure to insert the battery first and have the spacer by the switch.

Yeah of course. I wonder if it lights up with 2 x AA. It can run on 4 x AA alkalines, and pretty bright too (probably overtaxing the Alkalines), so definitely NiMH is no issue.

How many extra extensions are needed to run AA cells? Long or short extensions or both?

2 x AA can be run on the main tube. 4 x AA needs the 3 x 18650 variant.

this is mine on 6 x AA NIMH but i needed all the battery tube extentions from my TR-1200

more info here

TrustFire TR-3T6 Triple XM-L T6 5-Modes Memory LED Flashlight (3x18650)