So... what do you actually do with your flashlights?

I use them for Work, as a city maint carpenter I sometimes need to board and secure buildings without power. I’ve also had to navigate LRT tunnels, crawl spaces, attics, inspecting comercical ceilings, looking above ceiling tiles, and an assortment if other everyday tasks. At home I use ultra low modes to check on my baby boy, and high modes to see what the dog is barking at.
I origionally took up collecting flashlights, when I quit smoking 11 years ago. I’m a fidgeter, sometimes my hands need something to do so I don’t look awkward. I always have a flashlight or three, a multi tool and keys on a carabiner. I’m gadgety that way. If someone offered a grappling hook that I could fit in my back pocket for a reasonable price, if buy it.
I obsess about some things I use, but I’ve always loved flashlights. Typically I try not to annoy others, but I do like to show them off :wink:
It’s my hobby, and I like knowing as much as I do about them.

I look at them, wipe them off, re-lube the o-rings even though they've been just sitting there, look at them, hold/fondle while watching Breaking Bad on Netflix, swap modules/heads/tail caps, shine on wall in front of me while watching Mad Men on Netflix, foist my opinion upon the entire on-line universe about (nearly) every light I get, swap boots/lens/bezels, look at them, caress them, irritate Mrs. Foy with them, burden the Web with pictures of them, brag about them, defend the purchase of them, complain about them, change my opinion about them then use that to further annoy, look at them, smile at them, defend my passion for them, play with them while watching Lost on Netflix, buy them, sell them, trade them, keep them, throw (some of) them away, give some of them away, return some of them, ignore some of them, break some of them, Greased Lightning some of them, bake some of them and some of the time,

usethemFoy

+2

Why? Not already enough posts, lists, and charts with lumen, lux, amp draw, design, distance and preference online threads in the light and laser forums?

I like to walk around the place at night before I go to bed. I use some for spotlighting rabbits, racoons, deer, pigs, feral cats, and whatever else that’s out at night.

…and this! J)

I walk around at night taking random beamshots… >)

Is there something burning or just some exhaust?^^

That shot is one crazy great pic! Can I get a full res copy?

I carry and use an TF R5 A3 every day
UF2100 when I wear jeans
Have an Ebay single mode Q5 cheapie in my work toolbox and use every day
X9 by the back paito door to check out the property at night (4 acres)
KE5 next to the dog leash for when the dog is walked at night
Wife has taken over my UF-H3. she loves it for evening yard work
Sipik 68k in wife’s purse (alkaline cell)
DQG AAA on her keys
C8 in the car
sipik 68K in most used home toolbox
led minimag 3AA in pickup truck
plus the shelf queens

and of course a HD2010 and a DRY just to screw with the neighbors and impress people.

Go on a trail from 5 a.m. to 6 a.m. or a little after, so I get one hour of use each day! Mostly with AAA and AA lights. But on occasion use a big one to scare the coyotes 0:)

both. I think it’s a natural gas refinery or something close to that. There are flames and steams coming out of the pipes all the time.

sure. send me a pm with your email address, I will look for a full sized pic.

I use mine most of the time at home. I have several in both my vehicles that I use when needed. One thing I like doing is when I go grocery shopping at night (I'm the sole caregiver for my father who has Parkinson's so I do a lot of things at night while he's sleeping), I park in the darkest and farthest corner of the parking, pull out one of my xml's (lately E1320's are my faves) and take my time going to the store.

I even go out of my way to walk towards or close to other people in the parking lot just so they will see how bright my flashlight is. Most of the time I get compliments and questions and I absolutely love it! I guess you can say that I love showing off my flashlights.

...pick up dog poo

I live on a rural property with horses and I don’t usually get home until after dark so a flashlight is a big part of my life!! Every night my light gets used for everything from putting on horses rugs and filling water troughs, to checking on scared horses in their paddocks during a heavy storm. My light definately gets worked hard and it has made me realise I wouldnt want to go a night without having a bright, tough flashlight near me at all times!!

I use mine mostly at work as a security officer…I took my Dry to a fight where there was a gathering of about 150 people…as we approach the lights turned off (there’s bad ballasts in this area and they never get fixed) my co-worker turns to me and says “light em up”…i’ve never seen so many people recoil in horror…it was like cockroaches when the lights come on…it was amazing…lol…

Way cool! Don’t you just live for those little moments?

oh yeah…I still giggle about it from time to time…I had never used the Dry in residence because i’m mostly in the main building…I didn’t even care about peoples eyes either…I just blasted everyone in the face…better for me to see and them not see…the Dry basically did 90% of the job that night getting people cleared out of the area…even the Residence assistance remarked on it…“I just felt warm on my face” was the exact quote…lol