Sofirn bicycle handlebar light holder

There is a Sofirn bicycle light holder. It looks like the axis of the light and the axis of the bar attached to the light need to be parallel. I can’t figure out how to attach a regular flashlight to the handlebars with it, unless it’s an ‘L’ type light. Does anybody have an experience with it?

Although Sofirn calls it a “Flashlight Holder for a Bicycle”, it was actually designed as a mount for long guns.

You could use it with a right-angle flashlight/headlamp, but there are certainly much better designs available for traditional flashlights.

1 Thank

I believe the original devices were twofish lockblock (lokblok?). Available in a parallel, 90 degree and a bigger version, I forget whether it was 90 degrees.

Edit: they still exist!!

I’m actually a big fan of these due to their low cost and flexibility. They do have obvious limits, S2+ sized lights are ideal, head heavy or “throwy” lights cause unacceptable wobbling when riding on rough ground.

Don’t forget that a red light can also be used as a tail light if mounted to the seatpost with one of these.

Marketed as general bicycle attachments, the parallel one for securing tube shaped objects to the bike frame (pumps, etc). I had one of the larger ones 10 years ago used to mount a D lock to the frame.

You’re correct the parallel one would work with a 90 degree lamp, I’ve used my zebraloght H600w successfully this way before.

What you want is a Wald flashlight holder. Flashlight Holder - Wald Sports

Can you post images? Not familiar with it

1 Thank

Strange design, and the velcro straps dont look very secure for a bycicle. When the bycicle hits bumps, it most likely knocks the light out of alignment. You should consider installing a headtorch like the convoy h2. I cant think of any other mounting point other than handlebars. Maybe bike stem.

If you are using a flashlight that is powered by a single 18650 battery so has a barrel 28mm (~ 1") in diameter this is a highly versatile flashlight holder. 360 degree flashlight holder — Postimages They used to sell for a buck each on eBay from Chinese sellers but these days, the cheap shipping is gone so it makes more sense to use a US seller if you reside here. One sells for approximately $6 but if you have multiple bikes 5 of them are $12.
$6 for one Adjustable 360 Degree Rotation Flashlight Mount Holder for Mountain Road Bike | eBay
$12 for five 360° Rotating LED Flashlight Holder Multi-functional Bicycle Night Mounting Clip | eBay
I tried several flashlight holders and this one is the easiest to use, can be aimed precisely in the direction where you wish to have the beam go, and has never lost a flashlight even on very bumpy roads. I didn’t like the two-fish velcro strap design because I had to adjust it each time I removed the flashlight