Sofirn C8F host. 21700 C8F Available

Thanks Pennzy, I have a code coming from another BLF’er but if that doesn’t work- I get with M4DM4X. :+1:

21700 :+1:
best compromise of size and runtime
a 26650 is almost 50% heavier but has much less performance gain
(for a triple 26650 they should make a triple version of the Sofirn SP33 :smiling_imp: )

:+1: :+1: :+1:

and a larger driver cavity, please, like 20mm or 21mm
oh, my wallet would suffer…

I third the vote for fins. Solfirn made the C8 interesting again due to the sear quality and design of the C8F. The C8 had it's hay day and is a bit of a tired design for me. Solfirn, please increase the thermal transfer capacity of this great light. I bet it will look cool too.

I just can’t decide :slight_smile: maybe better modding capabilities with 26650… but if I want to mount it - 21700 with narower tube/less weight the better choice.
+1 for each, 26650 with side switch, 21700 with tailswitch… I will buy both, host only!

Thank you!

My wishes:
-No changes to Head design, i like the Convoy Stainless Bezel at my C8F… :slight_smile:
-Optional Tail-switch to buy
-Additional single emitter Version
-I think 21700 will be the future

but if there will be also a 26650 Version…not good for the credit card… :laughing:

–26650 for sure, mostly to fix that awful narrow tube big head look all the other c8s have.
-Love the knurling on the SF36, lets do it on the C8f.
-Dual switch is fine, useful for lockout.
-XM-L2/SST40/XHP50 size reflector holes/MCPCB option?
-I’d buy a couple hosts for sure, probably more if there are options to choose from.

You are quite welcome, and thank you…I’m real happy these ideas will be considered, I’ve been thinking/wishing for these for a long time, with 21700 being my biggest wish!.

LOL, I totally agree…thanks for the laugh! :smiley:

Someone said:

“26650 that can take 21700”

No, no, no…. that totally defeats the whole reason for 21700! (higher capacity with ergonomics of a thinner tube)

There’s already loads of 26650 lights on the market. Let’s make this something different, something special and forward thinking.
From what I’ve read 21700 is the new direction for these type of cells.

I’d like to know why so much love for the “fatty” 26650? doesn’t 21700 have near to the capacity of a 26650?

Is Sofrin only selling this Dream 21700 light to a hand full of BLF members? Because the bigger customer base is outside the very few who dream of a 21700 light. So 26650 makes wayyyyyyy more sense, NO?

If your going to make a dream 21700 do not base it on the C8, the dream 21700 light needs to be an original not an oversize or slightly bigger diameter battery tube, that’s been copied to death, long used and of a tired design, lets face it, it’s the reflector that makes the light, put it into something new and exciting for crying out loud, with aggressive knurling (key up the aggressive knurling whiners) that will shred your hand and your Cardigan Pocket! :+1:

I’d have to vote for 26650 but with springs and space suitable for a 70 length cell. That would allow for use of a variety of cells (18650, 20700, 21-70, and 26650) without making the tube extremely large.

Yes there is a bigger customer base overall for 26650 lights, and there also is a bigger customer base outside the very few who have interest in this C8 triple.

I thought that’s why there was a poll here, to find that out for this specific light.

21700 is the new kid on the block, so naturally 26650 has a bigger customer base, it’s been around for many years.

But in reality you’re probably right about the majority, and it doesn’t look good for us dreamers on this one. :slight_smile:

As much as I’d like to see a host that accepts 21700, I’ll admit some 26650 designs are great too, for example I REALLY like the in hand feel of the original Eagle Eye X7, but don’t like the feel of an Ultrafire F13.

Good idea :+1: :+1: make something different with a slightly larger reflector, say around 50mm.

Now I’m curious, are you also one of us so called “aggressive knurling whiners” ? :stuck_out_tongue:

I prefer aggressive knurling and have made it known here, was that whining? :smiley:

(Actually I prefer ANY knurling versus the knurling that isn’t on the C8F)

I agree about knurling. I miss the grippyness on the c8f. I also agree that the c8 head could be improved on. A light combining the thick shelf and side switch with a head a bit like the convoy l5 but with a more q8 like bezel would be really nice.

I think 21700 is going to be THE form factor real soon now, but, so far as I know there isn’t yet a 21700 that offers the same value as the Liitokala 26650-50A. So, for now, I think I’d most like to see a 26700 to allow the option of either form factor.

Unfortunately, it seems like lights for ~26mm cells look awkward with ~C8 sized reflectors. So, I think 21700 seems like the best bet.

To C8 or not to C8… that is the question. :stuck_out_tongue:

+1 for the Whiners!

+1 for the Dreamers!

Simple poll borders on controversy, even resorting to name calling! :confounded:

Definitely not a whiner :exclamation: The anodizing on the c8f provides decent grip compared to many others but a bit of knurling would be even better :wink:

Thankfully the current C8F is really quite the C8 over-all. Especially when customized :wink: There are a LOT of us who bought the hosts (just look at this topic- like 30 posts today!) * EDIT: I counted- 50 POSTS today!

If I had a lathe, I’d already be playing with the 21700 (or maybe twin 18350s?), XHP50.2s (shaved of course) and begging Lexel for a driver for it :blush:

But for now, I’m happy with a modded C8F with XLP HIs, a high drain 18650 and a (soon to be done) direct drive model (bypassing the side switch of course) for pig hunting. The C8F already has what I need- why I bought six hosts!

Only some humor referring to what was wrote in post #370 :stuck_out_tongue: not actually calling anyone a whiner! or a dreamer!

I would consider a lot of flashlight knurling to be too mild.Yes I prefer aggressive knurling, but I don’t demand it, I’ll also buy lights without it, especially if it’s other attributes outweigh it. (C8F for example) I prefer it for most larger lights for sure though.

Some lights have a certain “elegance” being smooth with no knurling. Variety is the spice of life, I love sugar but I like salt too! :wink:

What?, do you guys roll around in soap and oil that you need big angry knurling?

I must be missing something…